Should we let him go now that he wants out?

Should we take the money and move on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've tried the whole sell our best players and move on thing quite a lot down the years. I say we keep him and continue to build a quality team, see where that takes us.

He'll look back on this as a lucky escape. The Grim Reaper took a swipe at his career and missed by a hairsbreadth.

You gotta wonder was this all Johns doing or was it the agent pushing him?

Timing is awful

Roughly 120 hours till the Window slams shut.

Waiting to hear things from Johns own mouth....

Let him go and you've opened up the flood gates. Leadership will look weak and you'll lose the squad. Basically, it will became a situation where the inmates are running the asylum!

If we don't sell, Martinez will have gone up massively in my eyes. He is holding Kenwright and Elstone's feet to the fire. We can final say, we buy and sell because it's in the best interests of Everton FC!

You think Chelsea's early season woes have zero to do with Mourinho not getting what him wants? Think again. Have looked bang average thus far. The Terry substitution against City was telling.

Let him go and you've opened up the flood gates. Leadership will look weak and you'll lose the squad. Basically, it will became a situation where the inmates are running the asylum!

If we don't sell, Martinez will have gone up massively in my eyes. He is holding Kenwright and Elstone's feet to the fire. We can final say, we buy and sell because it's in the best interests of Everton FC!

You think Chelsea's early season woes have zero to do with Mourinho not getting what him wants? Think again. Have looked bang average thus far. The Terry substitution against City was telling.

Good post. But how to turn Johns head into our direction again...this bothers me a bit this.

Suarez wanted to go the summer before he left. He stayed and that season nearly won them the league on his tod, wasn't distracted or anything.

Keep him a season and if he wants to leave then, sell.

Good post. But how to turn Johns head into our direction again...this bothers me a bit this.

We need to match his ambition both on and off the field. Every player wants to earn top dollar whilst challenging for trophies in the best comps. We need to get there.

Martinez believes this next gen can take us there if we keep them together..

The fume fest from the classless Chelsea fans on the media sites that have been championing this is both funny and sad. Funny as they are asking questions like "But how can a transfer request be rejected?" and sad that those very questions mean they really are the type of fan I despise, irrespective of the club they support this year.

Seeing as the neg facility is gone, I was quietly admirable of the RS stance over Suarez - yes, they got another year out of him, but as pointed out before by @Roberto's Dream they almost won the league. And I'm sure his value appreciated in that extra season. (That was the only disappointment - they got so much for him. To be fair, Brenda did spunk most of it).

Tough one for the Board. They're backed into a corner on this. I'm sure they'd love to sell him and then pay their friends some more interest in the BVI. Tough for the fans as well - a sizeable amount would rather cash in and then spend (without asking why is it yet again we have no money unless we sell). I can see the point - 2 years ago City or Chelsea were rumoured to be ready to splash £50m on Barkley. Last season we'd have struggled to get £5m for him.

The reality is whether Stones has been manipulated or not by his agent / Chelsea's spin boys, he's marked his card now. I hope for his sake he puts it behind him, has a stellar season, and we qualify for CL (ahead of Chelsea) - makes his decision easier then next summer.

(Sign for Man Utd obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.