Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Applaud him

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

efcforever

Player Valuation: £10m
I think we should. I think the way he behaved when Man City offered him a big bag of cash was disgraceful. He was un-professional in his last game for us against Arsenal. I feel that the guy basically spat his dummy out and should have accepted the fact that the Manager who gave him his big chance in the Premiership did not want to sell him. I think every time he touches the ball he should be booed relentlessly, if no other reason to wind him up in an attempt to give us some kind of advantage. What are other peoples opinions on this?

I would just like to add that I do not automatically boo ex-players. For example I beleive that Pienaar should be applauded when he returns. He gave everything right up until leaving and more or less saw out the contact that he signed.

No, I think we should be well over it and I think it is far more effective to team performance to go mad for our own team than heckle a single player for City in the hope it rankles him.

No, I think we should be well over it and I think it is far more effective to team performance to go mad for our own team than heckle a single player for City in the hope it rankles him.

Maybe you're right. I still feel quite bitter about it though and wanted to find out if I am in the minority.

I'd say we had more worries than the booing of Joleon Lescott. A funny boo in jest, but I don't think it really gains anything

He's not an Evertonian, so I'm not sure it would really bother him that much? I would like to thank him for making us 19 million pounds

He's still a huge pleb, mind

I can't feel any bitterness towards him tbh. He pushed for a move eventually but we made a fortune on him and it isn't exactly like he has hit heights with City. He was never an Evertonian anyway so he had no real ties to us. I can understand people being peeved with Rooney but Lescott and even Pienaar...nope.

I think I will at the start but for the rest of the game i won't be arsed. It was the way he handled the whole transfer. If he wanted away he should have had the balls to say so. I don't blame him because if someone offered to increase my salary 3 fold I'd be off like a shot. As fans we have to realise there are very few players who'll stay with a club and unfortunately there are the same ones we tend to criticise the most... you know who i mean.

Anyway let's worry about unpsetting them by beating them.

I wouldn't. A footballers career is short and the money he was offered at City was insane considering his ability. People can say he already earned enough and shouldn't be greedy, but from my life experience very few people can resist the opportunity to earn loads more money no matter how wealthy they are. Loads of people on football forums claim to be very loyal and act self righteous when it comes to these sort of things, but if they were ever actually put to the test, I seriously doubt they'd be able to turn down the opportunity to treble their salary. I often read of footballers who go to City for the money described as greedy, but to be honest, I just think it shows they are pretty normal.

I wouldn't. A footballers career is short and the money he was offered at City was insane considering his ability. People can say he already earned enough and shouldn't be greedy, but from my life experience very few people can resist the opportunity to earn loads more money no matter how wealthy they are. Loads of people on football forums claim to be very loyal and act self righteous when it comes to these sort of things, but if they were ever actually put to the test, I seriously doubt they'd be able to turn down the opportunity to treble their salary. I often read of footballers who go to City for the money described as greedy, but to be honest, I just think it shows they are pretty normal.

Yeah I really don't hold anything against him. I don't like him, but I blame city for all the hassle -- and Moyes a bit, too. They were unprofessional in their conduct and Moyes was foolish to leave it so late, but Lescott was well within his rights. We'd be idiots if we thought everyone who played for us loved the club as much as we do. He is a football player, not an Evertonian.

But I'll ask again... why is there an "applaud him" option? :oops:

I dont see what he did wrong against Arsenal. He played and didnt look like he was sulking or anything. Infact when a few of the goals went in you could see he was upset.

Off the field he may have acted unprofessionally. On it he did nothing wrong. The whole team was rubbish that day. Moyes shouldnt have played him if he was concerned about it.

Watch the Tim Cahill DVD where you see home footage of Cahill standing next to him in the starting line up.

The face on Lescott, horrible sh1te.

Perhaps he was un professional in his last game, perhaps or definately un professional in how he handled himself during that time, but why lower the Goodison tone for the likes of him?

He's nothing to us now, so don't give him anything. Put all your efforts into supporting Everton & remind him of what he left for bags of cash & splinters up his jetsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.