Should the club apologise to VVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you guys.
277056707074192e7dc38af925534b51.jpg

More like Hey You Guys for the RS...

I feel like we need a quick thread recap

Apologise for a coming together, no?

If anyone should apologise to them it’s the officials for deeming it not what they thought it was worth but that’s not our problem.
If I were Pickford, I'd want to apologise to him. I'm sure he's already done that.

There's no need for it to be public, and even less need for Everton to get involved.
I think they should apologise to Pickford for the ridiculous outrage over the past few days. Pathetic club trying to start something.
When they apologise for:
1. Slippy G's two footed lunge in the air on Naysmith;
2. Kuyt's two footed lunge on Neville;
3. Suarez's several assaults on various Everton players;
4. Mane's sly kick on Mina seconds before the Richarlison incident.
5. Are they likely to apologise about Mane's deliberate punch on an opponent a couple of weeks ago

Nothing to apologise for. They are a scum club with scum players and a scum attitude.
Yeah we should, right after we congratulate them on winning the League.

You could see Pickford apologise at the time, and I am sure it has happened again after the match.
When every club that has been involved in an incident relating to an Everton player apologises to us.. then I will consider it.

I still wouldn't apologise because even I am not that big a hypocrite.
I have enjoyed the last few days enormously.
This used to be a contact sport tackling will be eventually replaced by tickling
got no sympathy for that horrible club and their horrible supporters they would be celebrating if it was one of Everton's players
but get well soon Virgil
Maybe you're a red insider. Did they apologise for Gerrard's stamp on Naysmith? Kuyt's lunge on Neville? Fellaini injury to Kyrigainos (or whatever his mane was)? It wasn't intentional so why should we apologise?
Excellent idea to apologise to the RS, but it should be we fans who do it. I suggest 1000 volunteers should shuffle on their knees to the Shankly gate in obeisance. Hopefully they will not be pelted with bad eggs and rotten fruit by our saintly RS neighbours. I have not slept since the derby game, worrying about how we should repay our moral debt and remove our shame.
Should we apologise? It would be admitting that pickford did something wrong and intentionally and thats something that I believe isn't the case. Just let them not win anything and blame us for it thats the dream because that would be twice in 3 years Everton have buggered them for winning something. Let the good times role
The club should issue a warning that if any other teams players want to set a marker early on in the game this is how we respond. We could meet anchor man style at an agreed location, trident in hand to sort this like civilised men/women
You should apologise to Everton fan's for suggesting such nonsense
How come this thread has not been locked, it’s a NO from me
Do other clubs ever apologise to us when we get these horrible injuries. Do they chuff. Absolutely no we shouldn't apologise. Its part of the game and lets not forget the little toerag was into a couple of our players early doors.
did spurs apologise for Gomes?

And my favourite is this particularly ranty post, @zzr45 is yet to receive an apology.

Are you Souness in disguise?

we have had some pathetic topics on here (I have probably written some of them) but this one takes the biscuit!!!!!!
Ban me, block me but the simple answer is [Poor language removed] off!!!!!!

And my favourite is this particularly ranty post, @zzr45 is yet to receive an apology.
Im talking to a therapist as we speak. On Tinder. I might discuss the pain it’s caused me as a way to show how sensitive I am , leading to a lockdown breaking knee trembler.

I think this is something we need to come to grips with. We know what happened was completely wrong and if it happened at any other club we’d be fuming. The flack that it’s drawn from a number of corners will damage this club forever more. It was a rash idiotic decision and one that really we were very lucky didn’t hurt us even more.

So, should the club apologise for signing Funes Mori over VVD in that weird transfer window?
The club should go much further than a one off apology and establish a yearly day of remembrance so that we can collectively demonstrate and forever be reminded of our genuine remorse.

We can’t just blame the player or the club though, we all have responsibility to bear here because of our constant demands for success.

We should make the focus of the remembrance ceremony one of sympathy for the unfortunate victims, because it isn’t just an individual who has suffered. Family, friends and fans alike throughout the footballing world have been deeply affected and traumatised in some cases.

Many are still unable to comprehend the thought process that could allow an individual to do such a thing. The club therefore cannot be seen to condone it or pretend it never happened.

If it could be arranged, I’m sure that a few solemn words of comfort and acknowledgement of regret from Bill would go a long way towards bringing us all back together and deliver closure to everyone who has suffered since that fateful day.

The grand finale of the proceedings would ensure an emotional climax by having images of the man himself in his centre half pomp, projected onto the Liver Building as night falls.

Played to a background of rousing orchestral music and a crescendo of fireworks this would demonstrate the healing powers of time over the most challenging adversity.

I’m sure that done with respect this would help reconcile us all and finally start to demonstrate that no lasting damage was done the day we signed Funes Mori.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.