Should Moyes be in charge for the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad to see him go but will be happy to respect him and give him a good send off on Sunday. some people on here really need to get a grip. he's a brief chapter in our very long history, we move on and get behind the team and especially the next manager that comes along.

You need to get a grip. This has never happened before at a club for good reason. Because it's a bloody insult to our great name. There's no way I'll go on Sunday. The only way I'd go is if I though there'd be a protest. I'm that p*ssed off about this

Moyes had been planning for next season, everything is already in place. "All we've ever done here is keep planning, keep preparing for what's next."

"Everton are progressing. Small steps a lot of the years, but I do think Everton have made progress and we're competing around fifth, sixth, seventh spot most years."
Kenright said Moyes stopped the meeting for next season. Not convincing Davey boy.

I'm sad to see him go but will be happy to respect him and give him a good send off on Sunday. some people on here really need to get a grip. he's a brief chapter in our very long history, we move on and get behind the team and especially the next manager that comes along.

Quite a long chapter actually.

You need to get a grip. This has never happened before at a club for good reason. Because it's a bloody insult to our great name. There's no way I'll go on Sunday. The only way I'd go is if I though there'd be a protest. I'm that p*ssed off about this

We know. Now pipe down a bit.

It is that which grates on me, the bend over and take it, forget the lube we're ok, attitude, be grateful, as an Evertonian I don't accept anyone is better than us and we should know our place, I'll accept more succesful clubs, we have to, but by allowing other competition to treat us like this gives them a huge psychological advantage that too many here take lying down.
It starts at the top and has trickled down for many years now. The identity of this club is being ripped apart and too many are helping it happen ffs.

Nail on the head from you and turner.

Some of our own fans absolutely disgust me.

Man U have targeted Moyes for their job for 11 years. When offered the EFC job Man U offered him the assistants job to take over when necessary. He said Everton have offered me the top job. For the past 10 years Ferguson has been rumoured to be leaving in a season or two and Moyes name was always at the top. So there is no shock in all this. I never thought for a minute that Mourinho would get the Man U job. Moyes was praising Everton in the press conference at Finch Farm. He is very wealthy, so why didn't he just stay at EFC if he likes it so much?

Edited transcript...

In an emotional press conference, his first since confirmation on Thursday he would be leaving Goodison Park after 11 years, it was clear how much Everton means to Moyes. However the lure of Old Trafford was something he simply could not resist.

"I'm disappointed to be leaving such a great club," he said.

"The club has been such a great part of my life."

But when asked if he had considered turning down United's approach, Moyes said simply: "I have to be honest and say no."

The Toffees manager's contract was due to expire in the summer but claimed he wasn't planning to leave prior to signing a six-year contract to succeed Ferguson, who retires at the end of the season.

He said: "I wasn't planning on leaving. My contract was running out but we were planning for pre-season. All we've ever done here is keep planning."

Moyes added: "The fans have been great to me from day one here. I would like to say thank you for that support they've always given me.

"It was very difficult meeting with the chairman this week. I have great respect for him and we've had a great relationship.

"The chairman has never been critical of me and he has always tried to give me everything he possibly can to support me.

"The chairman has been really good for me and he will be really good for the next manager because he is a great Chairman.

"I think Sunday will be emotional because I've been so close to the players and the people around Goodison.

"As a manager I might have got more mellow. I hope I've not lost that intensity but maybe learned to use it in the right ways.

Neil Lennon is favourite to succeed Moyes as Toffees manager, but the former Preston manager believes there will be many candidates considering applying for the role.

"I'm sure there will be lots of good people interested in this job and no wonder, because it is a great place to work.

"Whoever comes in (as manager) will get a well-run club, great set of players. I'm disappointed to be leaving such a great club.

"This club when I took over was bobbing along near the bottom of the PL. Now we're competing around 5th 6th spot every season.

"When I came in and mentioned the people's club it was from my heart how I felt about the club. The 11 years haven't disappointed me.

"The players this year have been exceptional and I would hate to think Sunday and next week are about David Moyes."

I'd believe Moyes before Kenwright.

Apparently Moyes has picked Nani for the right wing on Sunday.

Moyes who sent his arl fella out on Sunday to tell everyone he's staying?

Him and kenwright are cut from the same cloth.

He wont leave, as soon as he steps out into goodison sunday it will be too much for him and he will preform one of the biggest u-turns ever seen. He will step out onto the pitch to applaud everyone burst into tears go down on his knees and then start crying uncontrollably with snot saliva the works.

It is that which grates on me, the bend over and take it, forget the lube we're ok, attitude, be grateful, as an Evertonian I don't accept anyone is better than us and we should know our place, I'll accept more succesful clubs, we have to, but by allowing other competition to treat us like this gives them a huge psychological advantage that too many here take lying down.
It starts at the top and has trickled down for many years now. The identity of this club is being ripped apart and too many are helping it happen ffs.
When I was a kid Everton were the biggest and best and richest with a ground that hosted a world cup semi-final. Modern Everton fans have accepted we a second tier club, which is not acceptable to me. Our financial downfall was not moving to a new state of the art stadium 15 years ago when EFC first announced it wanted to move home. The fans were all for keeping Everton down by staying at an inferior venue, with poor transport connections, that generates little money. Man U make £2 million per game for the stadium alone. That is why they take our best payers and managers.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum means Nothing But The Best Satisfies. The whole club forget what that meant. BTW, Moyes when joining Everton was told a new stadium was on the way. The club right now doesn't even have a site reserved never mind a high revenue creating stadium planned - the stadium we were promised 15 years ago. Since the Prem only the three richest clubs have won the title in 20 years. The exception being Blackburn. It is no coincidence that it takes money, a constant input stream, to compete at the top level.

Last edited:
He wont leave, as soon as he steps out into goodison sunday it will be too much for him and he will preform one of the biggest u-turns ever seen. He will step out onto the pitch to applaud everyone burst into tears go down on his knees and then start crying uncontrollably with snot saliva the works.

Even I will cry and shake if that happens. :D x

Status
Not open for further replies.