Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we are 180 (240 maybe) minutes away from winning a trophy?

I get he has been poor but its one bad season.... how often have we jumped back the season after?

You only have to look at his Wigan record mate to see Martinez doesn't jump back.

The season before he joined Wigan they finished 11th and had the 7th best defensive record, then under his management Wigan finished 16th, 16th, 15th and 18th (relegated) conceding 275 goals in those four campaigns, so he actually took them backwards, a pattern that is scarily happening with us.

The only thing that saved Bobby today was logistics I think. You can't sack someone today, get the contract signed, trot them out to the press (even if they're a caretaker), then load up the train or plane or whatever and head to Wembley on Friday. They wouldn't even get a training session in.

I fully expect to lose Saturday and I fully expect Bobby to be sacked shortly thereafter.

Said this to mick the nick earlier on the phone.

Its the only possible sane reason I can think of why he hasnt been sacked.

IF we lose and hes not sacked, I think I will have a breakdown.

If we win, I can see the "merits" of letting him see out the season.

I voted YES. I agree that he needs to be sacked, but now is not a good time to sack the Manager, because we have an important game on Saturday. It wouldn't be good for the Player mentality

It's a disgrace he's still in a job right now. A legit disgrace.

Ashamed of the club for tolerating such low levels of performance.

Completely agree. Sorry it hasn't worked out for him but it isn't going to now. The club are meant to be holding him to account and they are failing to do so.

I don't see the point in not removing him. If we lose on Saturday with him in charge, I will feel they should have acted. If we win with him in charge, I will feel its in spite of him and just papering over the cracks.

Last nights performance was abject. Same weaknesses exploited, no reaction from the players and in various ways some of them completely failed to show any responsibility. Too many of them don't believe in the manager.

How will he fix that by Saturday?

He deserves to see the cup run to its conclusion. Then drop the cyanide pellets. I have been one of his more staunch backers, but after last night's abomination -- thank stars I was at work and not able to watch, suffice to say everything I read portrayed it as a spineless surrender -- even Helen Keller can read the writing on the wall.

But he doesn't deserve to see our PL campain to its conclusion. Sorry, but no time for sentiment imo. Anything that gives us even 1% more chance of succes on Saturday should be taken with both hands.

I voted YES. I agree that he needs to be sacked, but now is not a good time to sack the Manager, because we have an important game on Saturday. It wouldn't be good for the Player mentality

Maybe you're thinking that one through wrong. Martinez leaves and the players have freedom, they are happy again, they play better.. It would have a positive impact imo.

What, to enforce the message that mediocrity will not be tolerated, that the manager is gone and carry on the way you're going and you'll be following him out?

Do wonders for this lot. Break time is over boys.

I'm baffled with him, why does he keep telling our players to put in stupid challenges and get sent off. I'm sure Funes Mori didn't want to make a rash challenge and was only following Martinez' instructions, right? It's also strange that he's instructed Stones not to jump when a ball is crossed in, and I'm especially baffled as to why he went and injured Coleman and Jagielka himself, forcing us to play a piecemeal defense. Obviously none of this is on the players / down to bad luck, Martinez is deliberately telling them to [Poor language removed] up.

People need to get a grip, I agree he should be gone this summer but firing him now is cutting off your nose to spite your face. If we changed managers 3 days before the semi we would lose, end of. If you've been anti-Martinez the entire time that's one thing, but I can't believe this - a bad loss with 10 men at a ground we haven't won at in a decade with players cautiously rested and clearly looking ahead to our most important game of the season on saturday - is the breaking point for some of you.

It was a derby yesterday. You saw the results of not sacking him before that one; why will Saturday be any different?
There would be a lot trouble in the Team then, if they would need to prepare for the game under a new Manager in such a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.