Should Ferguson have stayed as a coach or should he have looked to manage elsewhere?

Ferguson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who asked you?
Dave we need a new thread on ferguson. Can you do it?
Nah i cant.
Come on dave. Only you can do this. Nobody else is qualified. Please dave..
Oh...ok. but let me be clear i will get no pleasure from it.

What a load of sh!t.
It was requested x3.

Him staying now is actually leaving a worse impression than if he left to try out something new.
Maybe he just doesn't fancy scraping around for a job in the middle of the season?

For the sake of four months, being able to work with Clements, a really experienced top-level assistant, and then even a younger, more 'progressive' manager in Lampard, then he could go into the summer and think yeah, I'm ready, and there'd be more options.

He clearly loves it here. So like anyone, if the timing doesn't work for him right now, then why would he leave.

I have thought about this an I am glad he is still there.

I think big Dunc is in a similar spot to myself re his career. I have reached a certain level and I don’t want the next job up. I think if he was honest with himself he does not want to be number 1 and he does not want to go to another club. He is a staunch Evertonian who is happy being part of the coaching set-up.

For me he has a role to play as part of large coaching setup. He can motivate, he has technical skills/knowledge to impart to the strikers and he is a connection with the supporters. Credit to Lampard for seeing this and feeling secure enough to incorporate him.

I read an article about West Ham a few months ago and a lot of their success has been put down to the spirit they have been able to build through a large coaching set-up that still includes former players like Pearce and Nolan. Hopefully we can do something similar
He applied for the permanent position as manager.

He applied for the permanent position as manager.

He was invited at 24 hour notice to present himself for interview.

I wonder if that was just a courtesy?

He should apply for the next vacancy to fall due in Scotland then work his way up. Still young enough to make a good go of being a manager

Maybe he just doesn't fancy scraping around for a job in the middle of the season?

For the sake of four months, being able to work with Clements, a really experienced top-level assistant, and then even a younger, more 'progressive' manager in Lampard, then he could go into the summer and think yeah, I'm ready, and there'd be more options.

He clearly loves it here. So like anyone, if the timing doesn't work for him right now, then why would he leave.
The training session today saw him standing round talking to Alan Kelly.

The coaching was getting done by Lampard, Clements, Edwards and Jones.

I was convinced by the argument put forward on the Echo podcast.

He should’ve gone (or at least, for me, he should go soon).

Their point was that Lampard probably didn’t want Ferguson around, because he’d be in the background all the time and he might not feel he can be 100% honest about players around him.

I was convinced by the argument put forward on the Echo podcast.

He should’ve gone (or at least, for me, he should go soon).

Their point was that Lampard probably didn’t want Ferguson around, because he’d be in the background all the time and he might not feel he can be 100% honest about players around him.
He applied with Lampard for the same job. His case was that he has the players' ear. That cant be good that he's still hanging around then can it?

I thought his pride may have taken a knock by being overlooked again for the job and walked away, if he’s serious about getting experience as a manager.

the fact he's openly said he wants to manager one day, but then said last week he needs the experience for the job full time.

not gonna get the experience being a coach dunc, need to go out and get the boss man job

Status
Not open for further replies.