Should EFC start to utilise blue liverbird?

Start the utilisation of the blue liverbird

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LFC own the copyright of the Liverbird. Liverpool City Council can only use it because RS agreed to allow them to register it in the UK. They could have refused and left the council needing to find a new emblem.

So yes, there would be a legal challenge
Then EFC should proceed this legally

I don't .....I've been a scouser and a blue all my life and I really don't understand why someone like you who disses our great city and our beautiful birds can claim to be an Evertonian !
Runcorn blue , I've followed Everton for 40 + years , and 99% of the blues I know could not be bothered about the liver birds , anything associated with that shower disinterests me . I couldn't care less wether there was a magpie or a sparrow sitting on top . And yes I am from Liverpool.

Birmingham used the citys name and villa didnt. Villa are by far the bigger club and bigger name in football. Nothing to do with badges, Icons or naming rights...it's success that produces recognition. We have had none for decades. We have to become a more succesful club to earn that....a bird on a crest (at this moment in time) would be moot.

Few could tell where Villa are located though. Not having the city name (in a two team city) definitely contributes to being overshadowed. Say Liverpool to a continental European (or pretty much anywhere outside UK/Ireland) and they will only think of one club. It hasn't harmed the London clubs because A.there are many teams, B.there isn't a team called London to instantly identity with. Also I've seen London added to team names in Europe, ie. Chelsea London, Arsenal London.

Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Roma, Ajax Amsterdam, PSV Eindhoven, Glasgow Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Paris St Germain, Marseille, Monaco etc. etc. Teams that are instantly identifiable with a place. Juventus are the only team in Europe that I can think of that aren't affected by having another team with the city name.

Agree plus someone already tried to change the ruling and lost.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/liverpool-fc-versus-everton-toffees-1490588
Personally I couldn't give a flying F about the liver birds, but despite the headline there, the Everton fan did NOT lose the battle to get the copyright revoked.
He had asked that the decision be revoked, but as the last sentence of the article states, the judgement was merely that he did not submit enough evidence for the case to be considered.

Agree plus someone already tried to change the ruling and lost.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/liverpool-fc-versus-everton-toffees-1490588

So the challenge was to the 'trade mark'?

Again as far as I can find out, regardless of what design/s they have chosen to copyright or trademark then as long as there is no 'confusion' over the symbol i.e. Ours would be blue, then under trademark and copyright law I doubt they could successfully challenge it.

As far as I know there can be multiple trademarks on items or objects as long as there is no 'confusion' as to what the trademark is referring to. Our use of it would not be to 'pretend to be' or 'hoodwink' people into believing we were the rs it would be to honour our historical roots. Using a Blue version should be ok.

That chap who challenged them should not take them to court he should wait till they take him to court. It would also be useful to see what the European ruling was rather than just 'they have copyrighted the liver bird'. There can be lots of ways around that ruling.

Because we have the right to claim it as much as they do...if not more.

From marketing perspective it surely wouldnt be a bad thing to EFC

It was already challenged that the birds were more of a symbol to the city than the RS and it was rejected. So it's a pointless argument.

The RS have copyright and we can't use them in anyway. End of discussion really

Status
Not open for further replies.