Should EFC start to utilise blue liverbird?

Start the utilisation of the blue liverbird

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, focusing on a symbol that only the people of Liverpool and a relatively small amount outside recognise as significant is really small time. Why does Everton need to have a symbol of Liverpool in its identity anyway? What relevance is that to potential foreign bandwagon jumpers we may collect if we have some good seasons in Europe? Zero.

An Italian friend of mine supports Liverpool FC and buys their merchandise etc because he loves the city of Liverpool.

He had no idea that the city of Liverpool has two football clubs until I apprised him of that fact.

This city's most famous symbol was associated with us before LFC even existed.

image-jpg.32760

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 136
If they can take and own the symbol of the city they absolutely can sabotage our stadium plans in the docks. Just watch.
It was the EU that gave them permission to patent the symbol. Liverpool city council knocked them back so they don't have them in their pockets exactly.
And the liver bird is A symbol of the city not realy THE symbol of the city.

so it's actually true then...rather amazing. this actually seals my stance on the stadium issue. Mark my words - it will never happend. in the docks anyways.

What's that got to do with the stadium? Liverpool City Council are the ones who should have got the copyright in the Liverbird, but never thought it was an issue.

Completely irrelevant to link that to us getting a stadium

I think brand recognition is important, if they have a red one and we have a blue one then should be fine.

I would market it as an anti-LFC product to be worn also...would sell loads as everyone hates them.

We need to have our own brand though very different to theirs, look at the LA Raiders who cleaned up merchandising 3 decades ago due to their logos.

I would keep our crest as it is but try and create a 'logo' or something innovative to stand out on merchandising also.

Thinking about it, I think a blue liver bird would clean up really if we marketed it as something fashionable for people who hate them to wear....Good vs Evil etc etc

Hard to put into words but i reckon half of Asian fans would buy something if it was anti-RS.

I think brand recognition is important, if they have a red one and we have a blue one then should be fine.

I would market it as an anti-LFC product to be worn also...would sell loads as everyone hates them.

We need to have our own brand though very different to theirs, look at the LA Raiders who cleaned up merchandising 3 decades ago due to their logos.

I would keep our crest as it is but try and create a 'logo' or something innovative to stand out on merchandising also.

Thinking about it, I think a blue liver bird would clean up really if we marketed it as something fashionable for people who hate them to wear....Good vs Evil etc etc

Hard to put into words but i reckon half of Asian fans would buy something if it was anti-RS.

We can't zat, they own the copyrigh

I noticed that but i cant see how it could be enforced by law if there was a legal challenge...?

I mean, could PSG own the copyright to the Eiffel Tower?

LFC own the copyright of the Liverbird. Liverpool City Council can only use it because RS agreed to allow them to register it in the UK. They could have refused and left the council needing to find a new emblem.

So yes, there would be a legal challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.