Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid player for our club, up until this year was far better than ever given credit for.

Considering all the crap Moyes got for that infamous "Saha off, Distin on" sub, if we're up with 5-10 minutes to go, I'd love to see a "Lukaku off, Distin on." Just for the fun of it...

I'm not disallusioned, I know this year has been weird, and he had a few incidencts on and off the pitch that were no good. But I'll miss the milkman, and choose to remember the good things he did for the club.

for off the field antics definatly .

the way teams hold cards up so it spells the name around stadium this
for Distin but with Milkbottles cant think of nothing better myself

Don't kick a man when he's down, remember, he's had to play with Hibbert and Howard for most of his time with us. Even Brian Labone had to pull a few shirts towards the end.

Don't kick a man when he's down, remember, he's had to play with Hibbert and Howard for most of his time with us. Even Brian Labone had to pull a few shirts towards the end.

Yeah, but Jagielka, Coleman, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku etc have all had to play with this idiot.

No hard feelings but he's just one of a number of players who should be gently ushered out the door at the end of the season. This time next season he will be nothing but a distant memory.

*Out with the old, in with the new.

Last edited:
He's been paid to do a job, he's thrown his toys out the pram after being blamed for a defeat. The manager has put him in his place.

I honestly don't see why he should get a send off.

If it was someone like Osman who's never caused trouble, then great. But Distin has been troublesome this season. So off you pop...bye.

Played 209 games

That's a good haul to be fair

Not bad for 5 Million, considering how much we got for Lescott

A good piece of business from Moyes and, this season aside, he always did well for us

I'd like to see him get a run out for a few minutes

Start Galloway and then have Distin come on towards the end

It would be like a passing of the torch
Can't see anything to disagree with on that post, it won't do anyone any harm.

Came in and did a very good job for us, does he deserve a polite clap after the final whistle? Of course. Don't see the need to bring him on especially though. He's not deserving of any special treatment like I'd give some of the other longer servants e.g. Jagielka, Baines.

Some bad snides supporting us these days thinkin they know the ins and outs of a rats arse about what goes on behind the scenes and jumping on players backs over perceived behaviour, just judge them on what they do on the pitch FFS that's all that really matters. he played at a standard above what I expected from him when he arrived and that will do me, couldn't give a toss what a load of pretentious over easily offended blerts think.

At the end of the game on Sunday I expect he will do the lap of honour with the rest of the squad.
He will get a very good reception from the supporters and rightly so. It's a pity that it finished this way , but maybe just as all political careers are said to finish in failure maybe the same is true for a lot of football careers. Knowing when o go is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.