Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it really matters, he'll be in the lap of honour anyway. A few minutes off the bench at most.

But anyway, this season aside, Distin has been great for us for many years. I hope most fans don't forget that because of his decline this season.

Seen this pop up on my Facebook feed from a small Everton fan site
11063938_1702401669987430_8254772844154337516_n.jpg

Thoughts?

Depends on Distin really if he is willing to let bygones be bygones and promises not to say anything damaging about the club give him a little run out. If he's not prepared to keep his mouth shut don't even allow him on the lap at the end.

Seen this pop up on my Facebook feed from a small Everton fan site
View attachment 9503

Thoughts?
thats him apologizing for us costing us the game at wembley vs the rs isn't it.

My thought is they've used the worst photo possible.

And it's cringey i'm not applauding a pleb that we've made a multi millionaire.

He's done a half decent job but end of the day it's his JOB.

He's done now, he can get applause like everyone else when he walks on the pitch in his suit

He was more likely to have a Yobo moment than even Yobo. Neville didn't get any minutes in the last game a couple of seasons ago. I never rated but if like I say above we can buy his silence surely its worth giving him a couple of minutes. I'm guessing even Distin can concentrate that long and not cost us a goal.

Jesus, every fecking player here has made awful mistakes, it's part of the game, so why is he the only one for whom it isn't brushed under the carpet?

It's not like he made loads either. I get the occasion was part of it, but it gets brought up even more than Neville's backpass in the 3-0 Wigan defeat, which was even worse given the context of it being Wigan and Neville being awful all season long. Madness.

People have never liked Distin, and his years of good service didn't change their minds, they just kept them quiet until the past 6 months. I don't know what it is about him people never liked, that prompted things like calling him "Dustbin", but honestly's it's embarrassing how every player is judged with totally different standards.
This all day long, even if it was a case that Sylvian and RM had a spat it seems the player always gets it in the neck from the fans, there are always two sides to every storey.

As was previously mentioned in this thread RM is not a vindictive man regardless of what their row was about, i think Roberto would acknowledge the service to the club by a player of Sylvian,s calibre.

I for one would love to see the big man pull on the blue shirt, even its for the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.