Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Bobby should put him on the bench.
When it comes to the 80 minute mark get him to warm up.
However just before he goes on tell him to sit back down, showing him who's boss.

Either that or Osman, Distin and Bobby could both drop trou in the center circle for halftime entertainment and have a wang battle to determine who's the biggest nob at the club, winner takes all.

If there was absolutely nothing to play for I'd say give him half an hour or so as he has been a good pro for us. Until this season anyway. Seeing as we can still finish top half with a win though I'd say it depends on how the match is going. If we're somehow comfortably in front then sure throw him on, but we should be playing our best team to try and get the three points. And sadly for Sylvain that means him being nowhere near the pitch.

Spot on that.
In reality, I doubt he'll make the bench.

I don't see how anyone can say really, without knowledge of what's really gone on.

If he's genuinely been a massive helmet for little reason, then even as a past Distin megafan, I'd say no. But who honestly knows? All I do know is that he's been brilliant for us, for 95% of his time here.

That said, I'd rather give him a good send off then find out he's been a helmet, than burn him at the stake only to find out he's not done much wrong.

Not sure on that he should be allowed to play the full match as we still have a top 10 finish in sights but he should have a farewell 5. Been at everton for 6 years and has been a great servant, all that's happened is nature has taken it's course young John Stones has replaced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.