Shocking Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a shocking fact.

There is a league, or a cup, in Scotland, sponsored by a company called sommet like Ferrari Plastic Packaging.

Said company was founded by a Scotsman, whose brother tried his luck back in their native Italy with a car company.

I want a shocking fact.

Depending on what electrical conduit you decide to touch/grab/stick your tongue on, you could be in for quite a ride. If you’re in danger of getting an electric shock, you should at least know the dangers.

The severity of injury from electrical shock depends on the amount of electrical current and the length of time the current passes through the body. For example, 1/10 of an ampere (amp) of electricity going through the body for just 2 seconds is enough to cause death. The amount of internal current a person can withstand and still be able to control the muscles of the arm and hand can be less than 10 milliamperes (milliamps or mA). Currents above 10 mA can paralyze or “freeze” muscles. When this “freezing” happens, a person is no longer able to release a tool, wire, or other object. In fact, the electrified object may be held even more tightly, resulting in longer exposure to the shocking current. For this reason, hand-held tools that give a shock can be very dangerous. If you can’t let go of the tool, current continues through your body for a longer time, which can lead to respiratory paralysis (the muscles that control breathing cannot move). You stop breathing for a period of time. People have stopped breathing when shocked with currents from voltages as low as 49 volts. Usually, it takes about 30 mA of current to cause respiratory paralysis.

Currents greater than 75 mA may cause ventricular fibrillation (very rapid, ineffective heartbeat). This condition will cause death within a few minutes unless a special device called a defibrillator is used to save the victim. Heart paralysis occurs at 4 amps, which means the heart does not pump at all. Tissue is burned with currents greater than 5 amps.

You're welcome. ;)

Someone should remind the board, management and players of Everton FC that:

Since winning the FA Cup (and Charity Shield) in 1995:

90 of the other 91 clubs (EVERY SINGLE CLUB except Oldham Athletic) plus 16 ex-FL clubs..

Meaning all bar ONE club of 107

Has won a trophy, promotion or play-off

About time we stopped appointing wannabe managers and buying half assed players with little ambition.
amazing stat. is it true?

Someone should remind the board, management and players of Everton FC that:

Since winning the FA Cup (and Charity Shield) in 1995:

90 of the other 91 clubs (EVERY SINGLE CLUB except Oldham Athletic) plus 16 ex-FL clubs..

Meaning all bar ONE club of 107

Has won a trophy, promotion or play-off

About time we stopped appointing wannabe managers and buying half assed players with little ambition.
we won the Everton cup

Saying that if I can't laugh at it, I'll probably cry thinking about it. Here's hoping I get to see us lift something before I kick the bucket.

But how many clubs since 1995 have won one of the 3 big ones, ya know the only 3 that we enter every season, I'd imigine its not many more than 10-12. Did you know that no English club has ever won La Liga.

That's the thing about stats they can be skewed to suit your argument many a time although saying that it's shocking we haven't won the carling cup. It's a trophy everyone seems to have a crack at.

But how many clubs since 1995 have won one of the 3 big ones, ya know the only 3 that we enter every season, I'd imigine its not many more than 10-12. Did you know that no English club has ever won La Liga.

Exactly, that stat is saying out failure to be relegated has meant we’ve had no opportunity to win promotion . Bit bizarre really , as I’d loved to have won more but if what we won was achieved because we’d been relegated two divisions and simply found ourselves back where we started it’d all be a bit hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.