Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too harsh on him. It's no coincidence we couldn't win without him till yesterday. Siggy is the man if he continue to play like this, but we need fast transition vs City and think Richie is better optiin than Bernard.

If we're following protocol I don't think Richy can play against City.

Didn't see the game, (don't have BT sports)
Listened on Everton radio, game sounded not very pretty
But, under very difficult weather conditions and with about half first choice players out.......
We came away with 3 points, so well done lads, keep up the good work.

COYB

Tony

Thought we gave a good solid performance against a pretty resilient and hardworking Sheffield United; may have been a different story had their ground been packed with noisy home fans... but we'll never know, because it wasn't.

Pretty much top performances from all concern from Everton with every player doing their bit when it was required of them. Singled out Tom Davies (didn't know Alan Whittle was his Uncle) for MotM as I felt he did a top job in midfield. Special mention for André Gomes who looked very good for the short period he was on the pitch.

Who'd have thought that going into a hectic December and having to use players out of position, due to injury etc., would see us sitting 2nd place in the Premier League at the end of Boxing Day? Everton never ceases to surprise me.
Never ceases to surprise any of, but good surprise. Can just follow the footie today from our lofty position

I know he scored the winner... but I really do think for our number 10 Sigurdsson is far too reserved when it comes to making runs in the box. the only time in my mind that he did this (other than when the ball was out wide for crosses, and lets face it he's not exactly DCL in the air is he) was when he scored. I guess it doesn't matter much because ultimately he scored. I just wish he's do more of the same.

He deserves to start next game unless hes gassed, but I really hope he improves his incisive passing and his set pieces.

Thought we gave a good solid performance against a pretty resilient and hardworking Sheffield United; may have been a different story had their ground been packed with noisy home fans... but we'll never know, because it wasn't.

Pretty much top performances from all concern from Everton with every player doing their bit when it was required of them. Singled out Tom Davies (didn't know Alan Whittle was his Uncle) for MotM as I felt he did a top job in midfield. Special mention for André Gomes who looked very good for the short period he was on the pitch.

Who'd have thought that going into a hectic December and having to use players out of position, due to injury etc., would see us sitting 2nd place in the Premier League at the end of Boxing Day? Everton never ceases to surprise me.
What? Our Alan Whittle you mean?

Sigurdsson is far too reserved when it comes to making runs in the box. the only time in my mind that he did this (other than when the ball was out wide for crosses, and lets face it he's not exactly DCL in the air is he) was when he scored. I guess it doesn't matter much because ultimately he scored. I just wish he's do more of the same.

He said in his post match interview Carlo wanted him as a defensive midfielder

He said in his post match interview Carlo wanted him as a defensive midfielder

Ok. I thought that was what Tom Davies was doing. Or are you saying that when Tom Davies goes off he switched to DM, because if thats the case he never made a run like that when he was in the number 10 role, but he did make it when he was meant to be the DM!!!??

Carlo should tell him hes DM every week! lol

I think because he's only looked at as a squad player and not a starter his wages are the issue for a lot of people mate.
Yeah I think so too but no reason why Carlo can’t get a tune out of him the way he is doing with Iwobi, Sig, Keane and latter so Davies.

An expensive luxury yeah but he showed last night he can change a game.

Yeah I think so too but no reason why Carlo can’t get a tune out of him the way he is doing with Iwobi, Sig, Keane and latter so Davies.

An expensive luxury yeah but he showed last night he can change a game.

I agree mate, I've always rated Bernard, he just gives us that something different. I've always said it has to be difficult for a player who is just getting minutes here and there to show how good they actually are. Would be great if he started against Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.