Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling Wolves have a similar problem to us.

Their set-up and players give them an advantage over teams above them in the way they can exploit space, but seem to run out of ideas against teams who sit back and defend.

Imagine a final day scenario where a Wolves win at Analfield would secure the Title for Man city AND give themselves the last Europa place.... i know which way I would go with that but I feel many on here would be hugely conflicted....
If they beat that lot on the last day, they are welcome to the European place :D

I know Wolves have a very, very little small chance to get even a point from their game against the Spawns of Satan, but at least they're out of the FA Cup and will have extra motivation to win and try and nab seventh place, which will definitely go down to the wire on the final day.

We'd have finished higher than 7th with Fat Sam.
#LordBucketheadTrueFact
2wifvo.jpg

Reactions: Tez

Everton: Pts:49 GD:+6
Palace (A)
Burnley (H)
Spurs (A)

Watford: Pts:50 GD0
Wolves (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)

Wolves: Pts:51 GD+1
Watford (A)
Fulham (H)
Liverpool (A)

Leicester: Pts:48 GD+1
Arsenal (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Being positive here and looking at that I'd say if we don't get 7th we'll prob end up in 8th spot and we'll prob only miss out on 7th by a small margin like 1 point. It'll be tight. Although I agree with what a previous poster said, missing out on Europe (provided Watford dont win the cup) could do us well in getting rid of players we don't need, bringing in a small group of new players and gelling them with an uninterrupted pre season and domestic campaign.

7 points from our last remaining games, Wolves not picking up 3 points against Watford and I think we could nick it.

Probably finishing on the same points as Watford (if they beat Wolves) but with better goal difference.

Everton: Pts:49 GD:+6
Palace (A) 2-1 win
Burnley (H) 3-0 win
Spurs (A) 1-1 draw

7 points

Watford: Pts:50 GD0
Wolves (H) 2-2 draw
Chelsea (A) 2-1 loss
West Ham (H) 3-0 win

4 points

Wolves: Pts:51 GD+1
Watford (A) 2-2 draw
Fulham (H) 4-0 win
Liverpool (A) 2-1 loss

4 points

Leicester: Pts:48 GD+1
Arsenal (H) 3-1 win
Man City (A) 4-0 loss
Chelsea (H) 2-1 loss

3 points

In conclusion.

7th IS OURS

I think we will lose to spurs but end up getting 7th on goal difference over wolves. Otherwise, results all look likely (however maybe not the actual scores)

I can see us winning by goal difference which would be even sweeter knowing we scored more than Vardy, Raul and and co and the cack at watford bar Del.

We need Europe to sign the next level players and play at the next level. We have been languishing in this "Just out of top-6" spot for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.