Transfer Rumour Sergio Agüero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he showed enough that season to suggest he could have been a decent signing if we as a team at the time:

1) hadn’t been utter shabite
2) hadn’t needed to rely on him to be playing pretty much every game.

That said…. That goal was boss. I was sat in the Gwladys, and you knew it was in the instant he hit it. Unreal technique.

He played for a good United team the year before and still looked absolutely hoop. I think he was just physically finished as a player.

Point is he was still our top scorer after we spent £300million. So he wasn't really the problem.
I'd say the fact we seemingly felt obligated to find a place for him in the side even though he quite simply wasn't capable of playing in certain positions was actually one of our biggest problems that season. Watching him waddle around the midfield and trying to hit hollywood passes every time he got it was painful at times. You could see he still had the quality in flashes, but he just wasn't really a PL level player any more, he was physically done.

He played for a good United team the year before and still looked absolutely hoop. I think he was just physically finished as a player.
A goal or assist every 120mins isn't exactly "hoop"

Clearly wasn't the player he used to be, but do think he could have still contributed... just not in the team we were at the time.

Yes very fair. I'll ask though, has Delph really got any worse in terms of attitude as he has got older?

I'd still say his biggest issue is his body.
To be truthful I don’t know.

If you are however going to risk an older player with a injury record I think that it makes greater sense to have a James type player. Delph simply is not the type of player who can come on and make a difference and therefore 20 minutes here and there is pointless.
Yes very fair. I'll ask though, has Delph really got any worse in terms of attitude as he has got older?

I'd still say his biggest issue is his body.
Fair point although I have no idea to be frank.
I suppose it should be easier to buy older players based on their attitude as there will be form. I disagree with your point on Bale. There’s a dichotomy between his attitude for Wales and RM. I think that when he feels unloved or excluded he adopts a persona of indifference. Spurs may have been the right club for him but Mourinho certainly was not. Ancelotti would get much more out of Bale. I wouldn’t sign Bale however - too risky.

Pay as you play and I’d be all over him, bringing him on with 20 minutes to go or to play him in Europe or the odd game where a striker needs a rest and he’s ideal, can’t see Barca even wanting to take the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.