Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even the transfer fees that are the issue either, it's the mountain of wages we're paying

That'll hurt us in the FFP stakes way more than transfer fees

Even without the FFP though, it makes no sense in amassing a load of players just because, when the manager makes it clear that a good portion are never really going to contribute in any way.

The only reason for doing this is if its with young players, like Chelsea. But their system (like Citys) are designed to actually make a profit from all the kids not just have them hanging around because they are rich and oh well they can

So Vlasic is out the door, are we operating a sell to buy policy as has been mentioned elsewhere and do you now expect to see a signing? Those still sceptical of Moshiri suggest that's exactly how this summer will go, others suggest we need to trim the wage bill before incoming signings because of FFP.

Is it coincidence that Vlasic leaves as the Gomes deal looks likely to be completed? What are your thoughts? *Waits for Eggs to criticise existence of thread or subject matter
If we didn't sell any players and just kept buying them we would end up with over 200 players and that would be just silly.

Sell Vlasic and then get in Gomes. If that is the sort of sell to buy deals we are looking to do sign me up all day long.

Or we could keep Vlasic and just not use him, did wonders to the value of Lookman.

Need to trim the wage bill. Gomes coming in for Vlasic will grow our wage bill in the region of 100k per week.
You would like to think though that this has been offset by others leaving such as jags, Williams and others to come. I would suggest as well that a 10M signing at the time his agent would have negotiated more than 20k a week for him, I could be wrong.

Honestly amazed that people scream sell to buy when every club in the world no matter how rich would like to get rid of players their manager doesnt want or sees no future in.

You cant just pay fortunes to an endless amount of players.
If we offloading
KM and Bollassie to pay for Gomez that's a more lucrative move .......
We have so much overpaid prima Dona's who are very poor on high wages......

So Vlasic is out the door, are we operating a sell to buy policy as has been mentioned elsewhere and do you now expect to see a signing? Those still sceptical of Moshiri suggest that's exactly how this summer will go, others suggest we need to trim the wage bill before incoming signings because of FFP.

Is it coincidence that Vlasic leaves as the Gomes deal looks likely to be completed? What are your thoughts? *Waits for Eggs to criticise existence of thread or subject matter
Probably not a total coincidence. I did say a month ago nothing would happen until near the end of June. I bet his contract starts 1st July...BLB, doesn't like signing players in June and have to pay them for sitting on a beach with a bucket and spade.

I think we should genuinely consider just releasing people from their contracts and paying them off at this stage

Who on Earth is going to take Sandro off us for instance? At this stage, paying him off might cost less than letting his contract run till it's end

Negotiate a buy out fee and get rid of him
Doesn't this cause an FFP meltdown though?
If you buy out say 3 players with 3years left on contracts for 2 years pay, effectively you are including all of the compo (ie double wages) in the results for 1 year.
Oh, anyone mentioned that the club have extended their accounts year end from 31 May to 30 June? Makes sense as it would align it with the majority of players contracts I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.