Season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information from club now saying those wanting cards rather than a digital version are advised to wait until the week before the first game before applying.
Going to be chaos.

Information from club now saying those wanting cards rather than a digital version are advised to wait until the week before the first game before applying.
Going to be chaos.
Yeah, just about to post the same. I just rang up and there is a recorded message when you are in the queue to say ring back from 11th August if you want to change to a card.

I tried to tell my mates to just swallow their pride and pay the extra £5 for the card when this all started. I knew the app thing was going lead to chaos. I begrudged the extra cost for a card that costs pennies to produce to but come on! The club is a disorganised mess at the best of times, why would you trust them to sort something like this out when you could just pay £5 and avoid the stress? So now loads of people are asking for the card but won't be able to even apply for one until a week before the season starts. Kin' hell, we haven't had a packed Goodison Park for almost eighteen mouths and the first match back is going to be utter chaos because the wretched people who run us couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery!

I tried to tell my mates to just swallow their pride and pay the extra £5 for the card when this all started. I knew the app thing was going lead to chaos. I begrudge the extra cost for a card that costs pennies to produce to but come on! The club is a disorganised mess at the best of times, why would you trust them to sort something like this out when you could just pay £5 and avoid the stress? So now loads of people are asking for the card but won't be able to even apply for one until a week before the season starts. Kin' hell, we haven't had a packed Goodison Park for almost eighteen mouths and the first match back is going to be utter chaos because the wretched people who run us couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery!
Even with a card I stress about not getting in first game of the season

Even with a card I stress about not getting in first game of the season
Me to, I'm getting to Goodison even earlier then I normally would to hopefully avoid any nonsense. I'll be properly annoyed if the card doesn't work. They've almost a year and a half to sort this out, it'll be a total disgrace if this doesn't go smoothly.

Me to, I'm getting to Goodison even earlier then I normally would to hopefully avoid any nonsense. I'll be properly annoyed if the card doesn't work. They've almost a year and a half to sort this out, it'll be a total disgrace if this doesn't go smoothly.
I hope all the pubs in the locality will be staffed up between 3 and 5pm

Going to be chaos.
They're currently going through those purchasing from the waiting list and facilitating seat moves, so it's not a priority as they want those tickets sorted first.

I suspect the digital version will probably work perfectly fine (it's the same technology as scanning a bar code on a ticket).

They're currently going through those purchasing from the waiting list and facilitating seat moves, so it's not a priority as they want those tickets sorted first.

I suspect the digital version will probably work perfectly fine (it's the same technology as scanning a bar code on a ticket).
I'm not the best when it comes to smartphones but I'm confident I'll navigate my way through it. Most of my queries have been answered on here and on the fans Twitter site.

I'm not the best when it comes to smartphones but I'm confident I'll navigate my way through it. Most of my queries have been answered on here and on the fans Twitter site.
If it wasn't for me letting family members use my or my son's tickets when we can't go, I'd have took the digital option. I use Apple Wallet for trains all the time.

Fortunately, I did decide the card option as how transferring tickets will take place is still unknown because the club suggest it's not allowed as per T&C.

Whether sharing the ticket or simply taking a screen shot works will decide whether I use the digital version next year.

I wonder if many didnt? Like does anyone know anybody on the waiting list who got a call.

I got an email to say me and my lad could purchase a season ticket (been a member for about 3 years), I was online pretty handy to choose two but to say the choice was limited is putting it lightly.

Nothing in the family enclosure so the choice was singles dotted about (my lad is 6 so no good) or sat behind a post.

If it wasn't for me letting family members use my or my son's tickets when we can't go, I'd have took the digital option. I use Apple Wallet for trains all the time.

Fortunately, I did decide the card option as how transferring tickets will take place is still unknown because the club suggest it's not allowed as per T&C.

Whether sharing the ticket or simply taking a screen shot works will decide whether I use the digital version next year.
I am expecting teething problems for sure on the 14th. I also reckon there'll be that many turning up early that I reckon the stadium would have run out of ale and pies by 1430.

Status
Not open for further replies.