Season Tickets 22/23

Will you be renewing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A long shot,

But if there’s somebody in here with two season tickets in the Lower Gwladys that isn’t renewing could you please PM me so we could do a name change?

Me and my lad have been on the list for 4 season now and still no luck with the waiting lists. We go to every home game and official members but had no luck.

Mate we had 37k at Brentford the other day and that was a Saturday 3pm kickoff. If we had a 60k capacity that would be 23k empty seats and would look extremely small time.

We wouldn't sell out 60k seats consistently, absolutely no chance. More empty seats = less atmosphere. 52k seats requires an additional 12k+ fans every week which i'd imagine is more than accommodating. Not sure I believe 12-15k on ST waiting lists.

This really gets my goat. Aside from everything else to do with the ground move, some people see the "attendance" or average crowd and think very two dimensional. The capacity and ticketing in the first instance is a limitation.

Do check Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Sunderland, Bolton, Middlesbrough, West Ham, Southampton etc for stadium capacity at the old ground, average attendances, versus the new stadium. Most of them go up significantly the ones that hold it obviously are PL teams.

There's also the fact that Goodison is dated with many obstructed views.
There's also going to be the waterfront as well as the new stadium bounce.

I've said many times if we had 52000 NOW we'd fill it. Which completely shows up the uninspiring capacity of BMD. It will sold out every week at the current baseline.

Then again we had a two dimensional uninspiring CEO at the time Mr Elstone. People run the club with such lack of belief and faith in the fan base and don't demand the best. They lack ambition.

Oh the club are a farce.

When you consider the massive inroads we made last year when signing James, you thought they’d finally turned a corner.

If you’re logistical, you’d sign any form of short term Sleeve Sponsor. It’s sheer ineptitude.

But regardless if a sleeve sponsor or not, I still think this would have happened. I’ve spoken widely on greed from football, but we’re not exclusive in the rises, and I think they’re trying to recoup the losses of COVID.

End of the day they’re a business, and one which has in recent times got it so wrong. I just can’t knock a slight rise, I’m sure there will be feedback about it not happening next year.
Some might suggest 15% is more than 'slight'.

Like I said, I accept a rise was almost inevitable but, the sheer ineptitude of the hierarchy to attract a sleeve sponsor and better commercial partnerships in general is surely a factor in the level of this (first) increase in ST prices ahead of BMD.

The only grumble I think can be that the level of service of standards within the ground aren't improving and normally you pay more for better quality. We're not getting that at Goodison.

Its setting up for quite a price in BMD if they apply the logic that improved facilities equals higher ticket price.

The only grumble I think can be that the level of service of standards within the ground aren't improving and normally you pay more for better quality. We're not getting that at Goodison.

Its setting up for quite a price in BMD if they apply the logic that improved facilities equals higher ticket price.
Is exactly the point a number of people have made to me too.
I love Goodison but and speaking purely personally, it's cramped and uncomfortable.
The crowd like it was versus Leeds is what still makes Goodison a special venue.

Some might suggest 15% is more than 'slight'.

Like I said, I accept a rise was almost inevitable but, the sheer ineptitude of the hierarchy to attract a sleeve sponsor and better commercial partnerships in general is surely a factor in the level of this (first) increase in ST prices ahead of BMD.
We had a sleeve sponsor.. everyone moaned “Angry Birds FFS, no one plays that anymore !”

We now don’t have one.. and everyone moans..

This really gets my goat. Aside from everything else to do with the ground move, some people see the "attendance" or average crowd and think very two dimensional. The capacity and ticketing in the first instance is a limitation.

Do check Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Sunderland, Bolton, Middlesbrough, West Ham, Southampton etc for stadium capacity at the old ground, average attendances, versus the new stadium. Most of them go up significantly the ones that hold it obviously are PL teams.

There's also the fact that Goodison is dated with many obstructed views.
There's also going to be the waterfront as well as the new stadium bounce.

I've said many times if we had 52000 NOW we'd fill it. Which completely shows up the uninspiring capacity of BMD. It will sold out every week at the current baseline.

Then again we had a two dimensional uninspiring CEO at the time Mr Elstone. People run the club with such lack of belief and faith in the fan base and don't demand the best. They lack ambition.
I agree with all of this, I am on the waiting list (if anyone has one for next year going I'm up for a name change) and often look at the tickets available and they are all rather uninspiring, behind a post or letterbox view, and we still sell out or almost, and there will be plenty like me who would go if the spots had a half decent view

Bit expensive if we are in the championship isn't it but suppose we do get an extra few games in that league as theirs 24 teams in it I think

Keeping your season ticket another two years guarantees getting in for the last match EVER at Goodison Park. Can only imagine what some people will be prepared to pay for that last game!

Our season tickets have been frozen since 2016 or so, we are building a £500m stadium and the club doesn't compete at all in terms of match day income. I'm not surprised I've seen a £50 increase.

I'll still be paying half what my Spurs mate pays for his season ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.