Season Tickets 2016/17- Nothing Will Be The Same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about the clubs allocation of season ticket holders.

How many are left for your "dad and lad" style walk ups? They're also likely to be the woeful obstructed sections...

Appreciate the club will want guaranteed revenue, but do we risk alienating a section of the fan base who can't afford a season ticket?

I'm likely over thinking this, but also less importantly, we also risk shunting away students/tourists who are in the city looking to 'adopt' a club...

Surely they've sold more than 4,000? I have them down as small time as it is but I thought everybody sold alot more than that. We're not far off beating their all time highest attendance in season ticket sales, I think we should sell one season ticket over that measly sum just to make a point.

How many are left for your "dad and lad" style walk ups? They're also likely to be the woeful obstructed sections...

Appreciate the club will want guaranteed revenue, but do we risk alienating a section of the fan base who can't afford a season ticket?

I'm likely over thinking this, but also less importantly, we also risk shunting away students/tourists who are in the city looking to 'adopt' a club...

Get what you're saying there's a lot of things that come into play the other way as well though, season tickets are a kind of Membership & many folk wish to have 1 on that basis, it also works out a lot cheaper so those that go every game are being rewarded for their loyalty & getting a priority in the case of Wembley etc.

1 thing about the walk ups in comparison to the season tickets is they are a hell of a lot more expensive, the family enclosure if any tickets are ever available is I think about £18 for a kid, whereas a season ticket for that kid is only £95.

1 way that they could do it (although many wld prob throw out the why should it be cheaper argument in that same stand) is the upper away end, how many times is it completely empty ... it could alter I suppose with the away fan initiative but it could be utilised for a 'lad/lass & dad' initiative, when it's completely empty folk must be really brassed off if they've forked out for a severely obstructed view as well. When it's empty it's lost revenue that over the course of say 8 games in a season is a considerable amount of wedge.
A walk up price that is at Early Bird Season Tkt price per game to shift them in the last week before the fixture wld be a decent offer. Or even some way of getting kids footy teams in there ?

This. I don't have a season ticket, but if I want to take my ma to a game, which I do a couple of times a season, then the pickings will be very thin. The sooner a new stadium is built with every seat having a great view the better.

I'm sure it'll be more difficult for me and my dad going to games next year as we live down south and only get to Goodison two or three times a year but then, it's always more difficult for us to go to games when the team is playing well or something exciting is going on so it is what it is really.
Now about this new ground with a larger capacity...

This. I don't have a season ticket, but if I want to take my ma to a game, which I do a couple of times a season, then the pickings will be very thin. The sooner a new stadium is built with every seat having a great view the better.

I'm sure people will have their own views for/against Stubhub, but for your run of the mill home game you'll be able to pick up some good seats for about £20-£25 each. Keep an eye on there if you're struggling mate.

I picked up two for my dad and uncle for £18.50 each, for the West Brom game last season. Good value if you ignore the result...

It works both ways.

I don't need anyone to tell me I'm a proper blue, I go shed loads of away, know my stuff and all that, but I renewed on the first day ST went up for sale in March for the first time in a few years, this was down to three reasons.

1. I spend shed loads going to away games, yet when it comes to the big semis/finals etc... The people I use for my Aways, are first in line, yet can't be bothered going to 4-5 of the home games? Where is the fairness in that?

2. Prices. We used to be the people's club, yet if you look to sit in the park end for United City and Liverpool, you end up forking out £49! £49 to go to goodison and sit behind a goal lol
In turn. It makes the average of £27 a match (£38 in LG for Derby) £33 better off for those 3 games alone. That's before adding category "b" games of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal.

3. Quality of seating. Appalling. I'd say maybe 20% of available seats after ST Holders are actually unobstructed (I.e the view of the pitch is entirely clear).
No value for money, and if I wanted to watch the match from the half way line in silence I'd watch it on the box!

As an official old git, my season ticket costs £284 (including 5% discount for being a major shareholder) which works out at less than £15 per match.
Not sure how this compares with the rest of the Premier League, but I know Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and RS tickets are much more expensive.
And as I understand we are going to finish higher than all the aforementioned teams, so it seems like great value to me.

It works both ways.

I don't need anyone to tell me I'm a proper blue, I go shed loads of away, know my stuff and all that, but I renewed on the first day ST went up for sale in March for the first time in a few years, this was down to three reasons.

1. I spend shed loads going to away games, yet when it comes to the big semis/finals etc... The people I use for my Aways, are first in line, yet can't be bothered going to 4-5 of the home games? Where is the fairness in that?

2. Prices. We used to be the people's club, yet if you look to sit in the park end for United City and Liverpool, you end up forking out £49! £49 to go to goodison and sit behind a goal lol
In turn. It makes the average of £27 a match (£38 in LG for Derby) £33 better off for those 3 games alone. That's before adding category "b" games of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal.

3. Quality of seating. Appalling. I'd say maybe 20% of available seats after ST Holders are actually unobstructed (I.e the view of the pitch is entirely clear).
No value for money, and if I wanted to watch the match from the half way line in silence I'd watch it on the box!

You missed the point entirely mate - your post there don't have any relevance to my post which you've replied.

I'm not raising the benefits or merits of being a season ticket holder, or comparing fans with a season ticket vs those that aren't...

What I'm saying is - I think it is important the club retain some half decent areas of the stadium for fans who can only make the 'odd game'. If that table is correct and we've sold 31,000+ season tickets, and @Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian is correct that this is a 4,000+ increase on last season - after the away allocation - what is left for fans who can't have a season ticket?

On the 2nd June, the club were reporting "Everton have already filled eight out of every 10 seats at Goodison Park". We are still selling them now, over a month on.

There is a reason why the likes of Liverpool 'cap' their season tickets - they have a bigger stadium than us, but allocate less season tickets. Why is that? If they wanted, they could sell out Anfield with season ticket holders. They don't. I think for good reason... They'll benefit longer term.

Status
Not open for further replies.