Season ticket price increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I get the old git's discount on a season ticket it means I.ve paid £299 for as many years as I remember (which is not as many as it used to be).. I think this is probably the cheapest in the Premier League and represents superb value for money compared with any other form of of live entertainment.

Probably on the same bus sometimes. 500 minimum fare and limited stops (quick), after match walked to Walton Church (or Rice Lane opposite the Hozzy) to make sure we got on. Otherwise, it was the 25 to Aigburth and the 82C onwards. Home James for the aways - Happy days!
Our mob was spred out a bit, but oft times we'd start off on Saturday games from Speke and take our pick of either the 81 or thr 500 at Western Ave. depending which one came first.
But especially for night games it was always leg it up to the church for the 500 due to the speedy journey home and it being a school day the next morning.

Edit; We've had a good run Re. ST prices and I know times are tight money wise...when are they not, but I can see steady reduction in discounting and further price rises over the next 3 or 4 yrs being the norm and the basic none concession ST coming in at £750-ish by the time we move in to our new abode.
Soz an all but I think that's what will happen

Edit 2; could be worse - you could be on the 68

Last edited:
It's a football club, and if they think they can raise prices without leaving enough seats empty that they lose instead of gain, they're going to do it...

...unless that football club is located in Germany.

Ah well, it was going to happen at some point. Just about priced me out, 260 miles + season ticket = too much expense.

If they still had stubhub, I'd have had an avenue to get the odd cheaper ticket to save a bit, but they have even moved from that aswell.

Gonna happen, bringing it in line with the price of a hotdogs and a pint. Might paint the toilets in the upper glwadys never know? with the extra revenue

I'm paying £550 where I am now and expect to pay about £750 for a similar spec by the time we get to the new stadium. I'm quite prepared to pay that. I also expect to spend £20/£30 a match within BMD if the facilities are as good as I hope they should be. I currently spend nothing inside GP. I might go for as dear a season ticket as I can get for the first season and then downgrade to something I can afford for the rest of my days.

On another note, seeing as a few have posted about bus routes, BMD is better located for me by bus than GP, so I'm lucky in that respect.

United away? Leeds at Elland Road?Southampton? Norwich? Burnley?
Sure there are exceptions to the rule and Man Utd and Leeds away would qualify as exceptions but as far the others go they where wretched games of football. Good results but garbage football.

Status
Not open for further replies.