Season Ticket holders to be offered refunds for any 20/21 behind closed doors games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor

Nobody is on the level of the Devil
In the Echo tonight

Everton, meanwhile, have confirmed that all season ticket holders will be offered a refund for all matches that are played behind closed doors.

The Blues' first home game of the season - against West Brom on September 19 - will be without fans.

Everton say they are working on plans for the reintroduction of some fans - possibly from October - and how best to allocate seats in a reduced capacity at Goodison.

*What do you think of Everton's fxtures? Tell us in our survey HERE

"As you would expect, a major area of focus for the Club is ensuring we can welcome you back to Goodison Park as soon as it is safe to do so - and we are working closely with the Premier League to make this happen," she added.

"It is now certain that the opening fixtures of the 2020/21 Premier League season will be played behind closed doors. I would like to reassure all 2020/21 Season Ticket Members that a refund will be available for each fixture that is played behind closed doors.

"Details of the refund process will be shared in the coming weeks. We will ensure that process is straightforward, just as it was for the 2019/20 refunds.

"When it is safe to reintroduce supporters into the stadium, it is likely to be at a reduced capacity.

"Our ticketing team is working on what we believe is the most robust and fair allocation system and information on this will be shared as soon as it is possible to do so. Please be assured our aim is to get us all back together, safely, as soon as it is practicable."

I've read that larger stadiums might be suitable for allowing a higher percentage of seats to be occupied. Can't fathom out why -- other of course than bigger stadiums = 'bigger' clubs.

I've read that larger stadiums might be suitable for allowing a higher percentage of seats to be occupied. Can't fathom out why -- other of course than bigger stadiums = 'bigger' clubs.
Presumably more room to allow for social distancing.

Larger concourses mean more overall real estate to occupy on a per-person basis.

I wouldn't expect that to justify more than a couple of percentage points of occupational capacity, though.

Every club knew in months ago that the chances of supporters in the stadium anywhere near the start of the season was next to zero so Everton shouldn't have took the whole of supporters season ticket money up front in the first place.

Personally I dont think any fans for the Premier Legue should be back until December at the earliest.

Lower league first of course

Status
Not open for further replies.