Season Ticket holders to be offered refunds for any 20/21 behind closed doors games

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have Spurs done it?

A few clubs did it this way.
Pay 20% of the S/T cost, (the club already had more than 20% deposit from the cancelled games from last season, so there was nothing to pay,) and when supporters are allowed back at the reduced capacity, you can apply for a match ticket and you pay for the games you attend.
While there is a reduced capacity, you don't have to apply for any games so if full capacity isn't back next season, you don't have to go any games and the 20% is rolled over for the season after.
If full capacity does come back, you have to pay your season ticket based on how many games are left to play.
If at the start of the season after people want to give up their season ticket, they still get the 20% deposit back.

A few clubs did it this way.
Pay 20% of the S/T cost, (the club already had more than 20% deposit from the cancelled games from last season, so there was nothing to pay,) and when supporters are allowed back at the reduced capacity, you can apply for a match ticket and you pay for the games you attend.
While there is a reduced capacity, you don't have to apply for any games so if full capacity isn't back next season, you don't have to go any games and the 20% is rolled over for the season after.
If full capacity does come back, you have to pay your season ticket based on how many games are left to play.
If at the start of the season after people want to give up their season ticket, they still get the 20% deposit back.

That's a pretty good way of doing it.

But your website says the 20% is non-refundable? (I just checked, perhaps I misread)

If that's the reality, it's an easy way to trouser a nice little figure from the fanbase.

Screenshot_20200822_002047_com.android.chrome.jpg

Non refundable for this coming season and if there is no full capacity you can claim the 20% back at the end of the season or put it towards the season after.

If you had wanted, you could have claimed back the money for the cancelled games for last season.

Non refundable for this coming season and if there is no full capacity you can claim the 20% back at the end of the season or put it towards the season after.

If you had wanted, you could have claimed back the money for the cancelled games for last season.
It’s not non refundable then is it? Because it can be refunded. It is pretty much a textbook definition of refundable. Perhaps It would be a better use of your time getting on to your own club about their inability to use the English language instead of lurking on here being snide about ours?

It’s not non refundable then is it? Because it can be refunded. It is pretty much a textbook definition of refundable. Perhaps It would be a better use of your time getting on to your own club about their inability to use the English language instead of lurking on here being snide about ours?

I haven't been snide, I stated my point of view that Everton were wrong to take the full amount of people's season ticket money up front and also stated that other clubs also didn't do this.

As for you digging me out, you would have got away away with it if you were correct but you're wrong Mr Billybigballs.
Your comment about the season ticket money being rufundable. I clearly stated that It isn't refundable for this coming season and replied to the other poster who wasn't sure how it worked and I cleared up the question for him.

The 20% deposit is for the coming season and once the season ticket has been bought, you cannot claim back your deposit. The deposit can rightly be claimed back at the end of next season if full capacity crowds haven't been allowed back and you haven't used the season ticket.

I wrote it clearly in the last two posts but I hope you now finally get it but if you still don't, go back and read my last two posts yet again.

Have a nice night Sir ;)

I haven't been snide, I stated my point of view that Everton were wrong to take the full amount of people's season ticket money up front and also stated that other clubs also didn't do this.

As for you digging me out, you would have got away away with it if you were correct but you're wrong Mr Billybigballs.
Your comment about the season ticket money being rufundable. I clearly stated that It isn't refundable for this coming season and replied to the other poster who wasn't sure how it worked and I cleared up the question for him.

The 20% deposit is for the coming season and once the season ticket has been bought, you cannot claim back your deposit. The deposit can rightly be claimed back at the end of next season if full capacity crowds haven't been allowed back and you haven't used the season ticket.

I wrote it clearly in the last two posts but I hope you now finally get it but if you still don't, go back and read my last two posts yet again.

Have a nice night Sir ;)
You’re snide in every post and your username is a well known white supremacist codeword. You used to head pat then turned snide because not everybody said how wonderful you are.

I can see why you’re not getting on to them about it though because you’re clearly a bit thick yourself. You can’t call a refundable deposit non refundable, it’s actually against the law as it’s misleading. Hope that’s clear enough mate.

You’re snide in every post and your username is a well known white supremacist codeword. You used to head pat then turned snide because not everybody said how wonderful you are.

I can see why you’re not getting on to them about it though because you’re clearly a bit thick yourself. You can’t call a refundable deposit non refundable, it’s actually against the law as it’s misleading. Hope that’s clear enough mate.

I know school has been off for a long time but I didn't think it possible for people's brains to shrink so quickly.
READ THE POSTS AGAIN Billybigballs.

"White Supremacist."
Are you one of the idiots who recently got together and convinced themselves that my username of H.H. stood for Heil Hitler lol lollol.

Go to bed son.

I know school has been off for a long time but I didn't think it possible for people's brains to shrink so quickly.
READ THE POSTS AGAIN Billybigballs.

"White Supremacist."
Are you one of the idiots who recently got together and convinced themselves that my username of H.H. stood for Heil Hitler lol lollol.

Go to bed son.
I can read them just fine mate. It doesn’t matter how long you have to wait to reclaim your deposit. If you can be refunded, it is not non refundable. The clue is in the name.

This is weird. Is it monopoly whom they pick can and can’t go one week to the next etc.

It hasn't yet been 100% finalised but how we think it's gonna work is,
during the reduced capacity games, S/T holders who apply for a match ticket go into a lottery, if you are successful, you cannot apply for the next game.
I then think any who applied who were not successful in the ballot, then have a higher chance of a ticket for the next game.
As I say, nothing has of yet been finalised 100%.

I can read them just fine mate. It doesn’t matter how long you have to wait to reclaim your deposit. If you can be refunded, it is not non refundable. The clue is in the name.

I will make it very simple for you.
NOBODY WHO HAS BOUGHT A SEASON TICKET CAN CLAIM A REFUND :hayee:

I've read that larger stadiums might be suitable for allowing a higher percentage of seats to be occupied. Can't fathom out why -- other of course than bigger stadiums = 'bigger' clubs.
Larger stadiums, having more space, more able to manage social distancing rules. We don’t really have much space at Goodison (apart from the midfield). It’s not strictly true that bigger stadiums = big clubs though. Chelsea, big club, not a big stadium. Newcastle WH not big clubs, but big stadiums. I think the issue is relatively newer stadiums are designed to manage crowds more safely and effectively.

This is weird. Is it monopoly whom they pick can and can’t go one week to the next etc.
Well we’re going to find out ourselves pretty soon. How will it work if you’ve a number of season tickets and some of them are for youngsters or elderly for eg? Whatever they come up with will be a compromise and not everyone will be happy about it. But It’s a complete step in the dark for all clubs. Strange times.

Status
Not open for further replies.