• 9-10

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Cheese on toast mate

Votes: 12 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inconsistencies are the major issue.
Nevermind away wins, they don't count this season due to no fans.

We are all aware of the areas that need addressing this off season, thankfully Carlo has also reflected this as well, stating he will be purchasing players.

Since that clown ate a bat, football has been on a hiatus for me.

Let's hope, with a raucous crowd we get back on track.

6/10
An amazing start that got derailed then threw away all the good work at the end. A marginal improvement over last season overall but easily forgettable.
I was far too generous with this score.

somehow not in a relegation scrap out of 10

The table at Christmas:

85B5B2DF-9F87-4D0E-8B06-B8881AAE48EB.png

The table after we won the derby:

F6621380-B308-42E5-96FD-5C386C80A3EF.jpeg

The fact we’re going to finish below Arsenal and Leeds is criminal really. These last 14 games have seen us get 19 points. That’s embarrassing. I’d find it hard to rate the season above a 5 on this basis.

5.5/10

Wins away at Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool have just about tipped it over from a 5.

We've got a real platform for going away to grounds next season, even with fans back, and getting results. When we have to play any kind of football we are exposed for the poor side we are. 3 quality additions minimum in summer, CM, RB and a winger. All need to energetic and hungry.

If you'd have told me we'd finish 10th at the start of the season, I wouldn't have taken it, but I could have well seen it with the quality (or lack of quality) of the squad. However, in the context of how we started the season, being 2nd at the start of the year, having blown countless opportunities to get us back into Europe, which was ultimately our MINIMUM objective for the season, the relative poor showings from Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs... it's hard not to be utterly dejected about yet another year that has passed us by. Some soul searching needed in the summer from the players and the manager.

I don't want to be all doom and gloom, so here's my list of positives and a few thoughts why I think there is hope for us next year:
  • James has shown the quality we've been missing for some time
  • Solid platform to build on getting wins away and results against better sides
  • Godfrey, All and Doucoure have been good signings, just still so much more needed though
  • DCL's progression is looking good
  • The points tally was higher, despite the disappointing position
  • IF we get players in, we saw this season just what an impact that can have
  • Fans will be back and hopefully we can use Goodison as a weapon again, rather than a massive hindrance
Our day in the sun will come, boys. Sadly we're just left waiting longer again. UTFT.

If we played decent stuff it would be a 5 to match the mediocrity but playing at that level while being Allardyce levels of watchable knocks it down to a 3

Sorry didn't read the 3 changes, just wrote an essay instead.

1. Quality additions to RB, CM and RW
  2. Ship out Siggy, Bernard, Delph
  3. Bring back Mr. Testicles

I went total knee jerk, and said 1-2.

For a season that started so positively, the ugly head of the lazy players, rose to the top again.

We’ve spent so much money, yet we’ve got a team who are so uninterested, just garbage.
All we’ve done is unmask all the flaws we have, and my Christ we’ve got so many.

An improvement and I genuinely don’t think we deserved 10th, but here we are.

1. Swerve 6-7 of these players, they’re not interested in us.
2. Buy hungry, ambitious playeds
3. Inject some pace into this side, we miss players who can take people on.

Ugh. What a weird season that was. And not just Everton either.

These days I find my interest of modern day football is only maintained by my love of Everton.

The only thing I know for sure is, getting rid of Ancelotti, Brands or Moshiri isn't going to improve us in the slightest. So onwards and upwards for next season.

I'm off to hide out in the Ale House forum until at least the Euro's.

5/10

Considering the great start we made while a lot of the big hitters were slow out of the blocks this season has been a major disappointment. When we came back from the first international break and lost 2 on the bounce it brought me a little back down to earth knowing that this bunch of players were well capable of turning a good start of the season into a fruitless campaign. Its been a steady downward cycle this season, with a few high points with wins at Anfield and Arsenal, but to tail off and end up tenth really makes you want to forget about football altogether.

Changed my vote to lower it. Hard to see it as anything other than an absolute failure. Pushed all our chips into the middle on qualifying for Europe by buying 3 older midfielders. Now we're tenth and look no closer to addressing midfield or qualifying for Europe than last year. Especially if you're second on boxing day there's no excuse for not qualifying. Worrying just how bad it is

As arsed about voting as the players are about playing.
Changes
1 grant another 20 changes
2 oh wait make that 30
3 only joking, meant 50.

Positivity is good

You get what you deserve in the league.

10th best team in the league, definition of mid table anonymity, loosing millions on the last day.

Large % of the team are just bottlers, season in, season out, have proved it so many times. Unless that changes rinse and repeat next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.