Votes: 18 5.1%
  • 9-10

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Cheese on toast mate

Votes: 12 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The season is finished and we all know it could have been a lot better but failed due to various reasons. There is nothing we can do except wait and see what develops. No matter how much we speculate on signings or leavings it is pointless speculation.
No there is nothing we can do but the question asked was what three changes would we like to see. Mine are (1) Big changes on the board.
(2) A new CEO who is only interested in the running of Everton FC as a football business. (3) Carlo changing his coaches, and getting more experienced coaches in, and working the players harder and fitter to use Carlo’s own coaching methods instead of the two inexperienced coaches now in place.

Think this fella has hit the nail on the dead with the disillusion that grows year on year.

Don't think it's all doom and gloom, couple of good signings and we'll be right back up for it, attack the League Cup early doors next season to have the fans thinking about silverware again.

But crucially, we need more numbers out of the door this season, we need to cultivate an atmosphere of people who simply aren't happy just to collect a pay cheque.

Every player should have clear goals for themselves and be driven to use their time at Everton to achieve them.

No there is nothing we can do but the question asked was what three changes would we like to see. Mine are (1) Big changes on the board.
(2) A new CEO who is only interested in the running of Everton FC as a football business. (3) Carlo changing his coaches, and getting more experienced coaches in, and working the players harder and fitter to use Carlo’s own coaching methods instead of the two inexperienced coaches now in place.

Put this last s3ason behind us and look to the future and how that will develop.

A big pile of

giphy.gif

Our points total this year would have been enough to be level on points with spurs and wolves who were 6th and 7th last year.. we beat our points total for 7 of the last 10 seasons, there was improvement, and on reflection I think my feelings on how the season went were based on some of the recent results, it is frustrating to see how many points were dropped at home but we beat teams away like Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool which we hadn't done for a long time. I'm not sure for the reason for this perhaps teams sit back at Goodson and we cant break them down and when we are away teams have a go and we can play effectively against that.. figuring that one out is a job for Carlo, The window needs midfield with pace and an eye for goal none of our midfield are fast enough and none of them score regularly, All of our issues stem from the lack of pace in the middle the axis of snails let us down, they cant get forward fast enough to score and create and then cant get back fast enough to defend.. ship them all out and buy proper players.

Our points total this year would have been enough to be level on points with spurs and wolves who were 6th and 7th last year.. we beat our points total for 7 of the last 10 seasons, there was improvement, and on reflection I think my feelings on how the season went were based on some of the recent results, it is frustrating to see how many points were dropped at home but we beat teams away like Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool which we hadn't done for a long time. I'm not sure for the reason for this perhaps teams sit back at Goodson and we cant break them down and when we are away teams have a go and we can play effectively against that.. figuring that one out is a job for Carlo, The window needs midfield with pace and an eye for goal none of our midfield are fast enough and none of them score regularly, All of our issues stem from the lack of pace in the middle the axis of snails let us down, they cant get forward fast enough to score and create and then cant get back fast enough to defend.. ship them all out and buy proper players.
More points means nothing. We were 10th best.

Put this last s3ason behind us and look to the future and how that will develop.
you mean "do what we did last season....and the season before that....and the season before that....and the..."

To be fair, that's the mentality most supporters must adopt; it relies on large dollops of hope. Sadly, hope is not a strategy.

We were 12th best last year so it means improvement.
True but last years position was impacted by Silva. Have we improved this season under Carlo vs last season under Carlo? If so, do we expect to jump another 2 places next year to 8th?

There's still an enormous amount of work to be done before we see tangible improvement.

I think another disappointment was the complete lack of youth. It’s exciting to see good young players coming through.

At the end of last season we had Gordon and Branthwaite both come in and show promise.

This season we had Nkonkou look superb and then dropped like a brick for the whole season. And nothing else.

True but last years position was impacted by Silva. Have we improved this season under Carlo vs last season under Carlo? If so, do we expect to jump another 2 places next year to 8th?

There's still an enormous amount of work to be done before we see tangible improvement.
Midfield needs serious work, we need 2 wingers and a cm, all with pace and an ability to score even an average amount of goals for midfielders..get a loan of a RB and get Armstrong in from Blackburn give them Simms and maybe 10 million.

you mean "do what we did last season....and the season before that....and the season before that....and the..."

To be fair, that's the mentality most supporters must adopt; it relies on large dollops of hope. Sadly, hope is not a strategy.

No, depnding what happens inthe close season, getting shut of crap and new signings to see how the new season develops. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.