2023/24 Sean Dyche

….does ‘Playing on the front foot’ mean a change in personnel? I’m thinking more of wide positions where we play wingers who double up with their full backs when the opposition have possession. Perhaps Danjuma to play in home matches, although he hardly makes a difference with his cameos.
Front foot football for me doesnt mean lots of possession i mean we have to press high, dont let the opposition breathe with the ball. very similar to how Newcastle play now. They run very hard from the first to the last whistle, that for me is perfect for Goodison.

This season we seem to be doing this half press which is worse like Doucoure and DCL will press but the midfield are sitting in position 20 yards behind, its too easy to beat then the crowd get a little dejected.

Top priority is get the home form sorted Dyche. It is completely down to you to sort it out so get it done. It is absolutely shocking and it should be as good, if not better than the away form. No excuses, just get it sorted right now and me and you will be sound.

PS - Stop playing the geriatric every game too, he has done nothing to earn automatic selection.

My opinion, it wouldn't even be awful on the eye if the players could just finish.

Beto should have slotted an easy one and McNeil cleared off the line. Missed big chances against United as well etc

Dyche's issues for mine is his subs (Probably doesn't trust his paperthin squad) and home form.

Both are capable of being sorted out.
Not unless Thelwell pulls cheap rabbits out of hats and/or this side of on going FFP monitoring they won't

Great viewing that.

Imagine if we had even mediocre home form to marry that.

I have zero complaints with how we set up and play away but he needs to find a formula that works at home.
Its not pretty on the eyes but so far its effective.

For me regardless of who were playing front foot football is a must at Goodison, it gets the crowd going and we all know how important that is for us.

The problem for me is we play on the front foot at home mate.

Front foot football for me doesnt mean lots of possession i mean we have to press high, dont let the opposition breathe with the ball. very similar to how Newcastle play now. They run very hard from the first to the last whistle, that for me is perfect for Goodison.

This season we seem to be doing this half press which is worse like Doucoure and DCL will press but the midfield are sitting in position 20 yards behind, its too easy to beat then the crowd get a little dejected.
I felt there spells in the game yesterday where we did that very well and we were rewarded. I get jumpy when we sit back but the back 4 with Branthwaite in there and Myko playing out of his skin is a lot more solid than last year.

Hard to criticize the manager when he has us in 11th place with such a thin squad.

I felt there spells in the game yesterday where we did that very well and we were rewarded. I get jumpy when we sit back but the back 4 with Branthwaite in there and Myko playing out of his skin is a lot more solid than last year.
2nd half yesterday our defence was pretty much on the half way line we pinned them into their own half and they couldn't get out for large spells.

Thats how we should play at home whoever were playing

Hard to criticize the manager when he has us in 11th place with such a thin squad.
Most people know on here im not a fan of his but he deserves credit for our away performances and results.

My issue is the home form and when we go a goal down he's devoid of ideas to change things.
Lets enjoy the win and hope it can be followed up by beating these pricks on Thursday.

…..as well as leaving us strikerless for a season, Thelwell has paid over £50m on Maupay, Beto and Chermitti. It doesn’t fill me with confidence even if Garner is looking good business.
At least agent Maupay helped us out a bit yesterday.

But yeah so far Beto and Chermiti don't look to be what we need.

Most people know on here im not a fan of his but he deserves credit for our away performances and results.

My issue is the home form and when we go a goal down he's devoid of ideas to change things.
Lets enjoy the win and hope it can be followed up by beating these pricks on Thursday.
I think I saw a stat yesterday that we have conceded first in seven games this season and lost them all. Seems to confirm your point but to be fair they have been creating chances just not putting them away which is frustrating

For me its way too early to write any of these players off yet they've played about 5 games in total between them.

New country, new environment, no sustained run i the team.
You're right.

However Beto looks a bit out of depth and I'm not impressed with Chermiti's attitude/ work rate.

Can only keep my fingers crossed that they improve