2023/24 Sean Dyche

It was not a question of making substitutions for tactical purposes, it's the fact that a lot of our players were visibly spent after the shift they'd been asked to put in. Harrison, Doucoure and even DCL in the last 20 looked shattered. Brighton used their fresh legs and we needed something fresh to combat it.
The point about Dyche "not liking to use subs", then why bring them on at the 90 minute mark? Why not just finish with the same 11, still not making any sense to me sorry.

Wow if me auntie had you know what. Ultimately we never win when we concede first and never loose when we score first and this is why. We beat Brentford 1-0 last season when McNeil scored early. Second half Brentford had 80% that is scandalous, yes we won but that is unbelievable Imo

Constantly having pathetic % of possession when we are home is embarrassing.

With his tactics today we deserved to lose.

Its testament to Dychy that expectations in the fanbase have increased in recent weeks.

4 points out of West Ham & Brighton with a ticket booked for a cup quarter final would have been snatched at months ago by those now demanding better.

Are you not giving Sean Dyche any credit for the way we have become way more organised, concede far less goals, much fitter and sharper, not getting battered every week, five wins in eight games, picking up points against good sides...

Have you somehow remained oblivious to all this?

The manager is to blame to everything that does wrong but everything positive is just coincidence apparently 😂

He probably had Burnley squads better than the one we have now. It is grim to watch, no arguing there, but if we’d have opened up at any point after scoring, I suspect we lose. Maybe not, but more likely.

A deflected cross away from a 6th win in 8!!!!!!!!! Literally a few months ago everyone clamouring for results above all else. Can’t base your playing style on your history and size of fanbase sadly.

We can hound him out, get a zany attack minded South American in, flirt with relegation due to making loads of attacking subs and go all out, sack him, then the next grim defensive minded coach will spend 12 months trying to make us back to being as solid as we were today.

He will never be anyone’s 1st choice. Think he knows that. Context is everything. 6 weeks ago we were 100% certainties to go down apparently. Go on the best run for years, unlucky draw at home to a better side and sack him.
You guys have gone off the rails a bit here. Read what I actually said, not what you think I said.

I'm going to say this one more time: I never once said sack him this weekend. I did say that I can't wait until he's gone, which I maintain will 100% inevitably happen, because he's just not a good manager.

And again, I never once said he had done nothing at all right. Yes, we are generally more organized defensively, especially away from home. But surely you can also admit that quite a lot of the defensive improvement is simply a result of not playing Michael Keane every week, which is not so much a credit to the manager as an acknowledgement that it would be absolute malpractice to continue making the mistake you were already making by playing him. Which is the exact place we are also now at with Young.

I'm with GrandOldTeam on the argument about squad quality. Take the blinders off and actually look at our lineup - this is not a team that should be flirting with relegation. It's just not. In fact, look at the two lineups specifically today. For all the talk about how great Brighton are and how we should be so happy with a point against them at home, how many of their players walk into our starting lineup today? Mitoma, yes. Probably Groß. Who else? Dunk and Ferguson are good players, but are they better than Tarkowski and Dom? I don't think they are as of today. They literally started James Milner and Adam Lallana.

There's a big big gap between delusionally thinking we should "get a zany attack minded South American in, flirt with relegation due to making loads of attacking subs and go all out" and being willing to meekly accept a point against a mid-table team at home because your manager decided to act like he was playing Manchester City.

But it is not at all delusional to say that, given that our schedule so far has been just about as close to cream puff as you can get in this league, an actual good manager has us 9 - 10 points better right now with a whole different outlook on the possibilities for this season.

That's all I'm saying. This manager is not good enough to be any kind of long-term solution for this club.

We aren't going to outplay Brighton but we didn't do enough in the 2nd half, and I always felt like something was going to fall for them eventually.

We need better quality all over the pitch on the ball but at least we can see Dyche has got the players working towards a common goal. It was the type of game I think we would have lost comfortably with Lampard and Benitez in charge.