2023/24 Sean Dyche

Net spend does not impact a manager’s ability to change a game or coach players, implement a style or way of playing.

Net spend is a get out clause for managers; oh this club spent this, we’ve only spent that.

You could have a negative net spend every year and improve on the pitch

It does when they don't get time to implement anything.

And it's the manor of the "net spend". Brighton dont have a net spend because they've recouped millions and invested with a clear plan. Others already have a core solid foundations to possibly not need to add to it.

We've sold anything that's not nailed down, never replaced them due to financial restrictions, then changed manager after 6 months. Doesn't take a genius to realise that won't work. It's broken. Those last 3 years shows that.

No manager comes in and fixes a 2 year relegation threatened team with the 2nd lowest spend (in total) in the league in one window

You can put us in the basket case club list along with Chelsea and Utd. They of course will always do better than us because they have better players and managers, but whatever is tried the malaise within the club and the demand from the fans is too much to handle. It just shows that the manager might not be the biggest factor when it comes to failing.

It does when they don't get time to implement anything.

And it's the manor of the "net spend". Brighton dont have a net spend because they've recouped millions and invested with a clear plan. Others already have a core solid foundations to possibly not need to add to it.

We've sold anything that's not nailed down, never replaced them due to financial restrictions, then changed manager after 6 months. Doesn't take a genius to realise that won't work. It's broken. Those last 3 years shows that.

No manager comes in and fixes a 2 year relegation threatened team with the 2nd lowest spend (in total) in the league in one window
We have replaced them, with poor players because the club has no direction.

I remember people telling me how great it was that James Rodriguez was replaced with Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend; 2 for 1. That Dwight McNeil was solid replacement for Richarlison.

And that still doesn’t hide from the fact that this manager has no gameplan and does not coach these players.

So you’re telling me that net spend was the reason he decided to swap Beto for DCL rather than trying both of them up top. Or that the reason we pass the ball backwards is because of net spend, or that defending narrow and flooding the box is down to not having net spend

These are professional footballers; it’s not like we’ve plucked a few lads from the park. They’re been coached poorly.

And whilst I don’t expect us to chasing Europe this year I expected to see some slight improvement, like an identity or gameplan.

Nah, Big Sean likes to keep it simple: defend and hoof it

I think it’s almost impossible for results to not improve from what we’ve had this season.

The best time to appoint a progressive manager was 10 years ago. The second best time is now.

Dyche is safe obviously given the current vacuum of ownership.
Another sign of positivity from this 777 deal 🙄

You can put us in the basket case club list along with Chelsea and Utd. They of course will always do better than us because they have better players and managers, but whatever is tried the malaise within the club and the demand from the fans is too much to handle. It just shows that the manager might not be the biggest factor when it comes to failing.

Plan starts from the top.

The game plan was the same, sit deep, soak, win set plays etc.

I agree the intensity was different but the basics such as the ability to pass a ball, control it, added with some awful set pieces (they put Raya in for a reason, and we didn't trouble him once with Ashley Young's floaties) was lacking. We'd graft and win the ball only to look like a Sunday league team with it

Onana, Doucoure, and Gana are terrible technicians. They've attributes but holding on to the ball isn't one of them.
Our passing is very uncomfortable and uncontrolled, it’s pass and get it up field as fast as hell and lose it. Been like that since Benitez
Our players look like they have no time on the ball where the oppo could stop and make a cup of tea

We have replaced them, with poor players because the club has no direction.

I remember people telling me how great it was that James Rodriguez was replaced with Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend; 2 for 1. That Dwight McNeil was solid replacement for Richarlison.

And that still doesn’t hide from the fact that this manager has no gameplan and does not coach these players.

So you’re telling me that net spend was the reason he decided to swap Beto for DCL rather than trying both of them up top. Or that the reason we pass the ball backwards is because of net spend, or that defending narrow and flooding the box is down to not having net spend

These are professional footballers; it’s not like we’ve plucked a few lads from the park. They’re been coached poorly.

And whilst I don’t expect us to chasing Europe this year I expected to see some slight improvement, like an identity or gameplan.

Nah, Big Sean likes to keep it simple: defend and hoof it
Agree i am not expecting to see amazing football, but not being able to cross the ball or to even simply try and atleast use the wide players to help us have some creative threat. Is no excuse yes the team is poor but so is other teams

You can only get away with playing football as ugly as Dyche's if you are getting positive results. One point from four games is woeful, I really don't think there is an answer to our current problems, other than a complete nuts and bolts rebuild of the club. Just about all facets of the club are broken. As I've said on many occasions, Dyche is not our biggest problem, but, he is certainly a major contributory factor in the general hopelessness.