2023/24 Sean Dyche

So far, we’ve got:
He was at Burnley and the club had no money
He was at Burnley and the club can’t attract players
He was at Burnley and the club can’t attract youth

When the answer is; he has a way of playing and a type of player he puts his trust in to garner as many points as possible.

I have no idea why people need to bend reality to make it out that he’s been held back by circumstances out of his control, instead of just admitting that he’s limited in what he does, but effective at it and highly unlikely he’ll change his approach.
I mean it's not even an insult to say these things, if anything it's exactly what this club needs, which is stability and securing our future, but there's some people absolutely fanboying over the latest ginger messiah in the same way a few people are way over the top on their hatred of him.

So far, we’ve got:
He was at Burnley and the club had no money
He was at Burnley and the club can’t attract players
He was at Burnley and the club can’t attract youth

When the answer is; he has a way of playing and a type of player he puts his trust in to garner as many points as possible.

I have no idea why people need to bend reality to make it out that he’s been held back by circumstances out of his control, instead of just admitting that he’s limited in what he does, but effective at it and highly unlikely he’ll change his approach.

he’s limited. we all know that it is what it is

he is what he is

we are what we are

Judging by tonight Emery, Moyes, Di Zerbi etc have all achieved less than Dyche this year.
His teams play percentage football, yes. But given this years circumstances how anyone can be on his case is beyond me, the Potters, Tuchels of this world would have buckled at Everton in the last 18 months

Our academy is a joke and has been for years, no pathway to the first team and by all accounts the level of coaching leaves alot to be desired at certain levels. Dyche is just making an excuse and you are just repeating it, as I said previously it's been labeled at him before by far more knowledgeable people than you or I so it's not just me saying it.
So name the academy outside of the usual suspects that regularly turns out top players. Fact is young players are drawn to the big clubs and there's not a lot the mid to lower Prem teams can do about it. First team coaches coach first team players and rely on the academy staff to bring through youngsters. Placing the failure of Burnley and us to do that at the door of Dyche...or should he be expected to run the whole club top to bottom.

Hes saying that no one has put 5 or 6 kids in a team together since Man United.

Clearly doesnt watch Madrid or Barca lol

United have Hojlund, Garnacho and Mainoo as their main 3 young, high potential 'stars'.

We have Branthwaite, and Chermiti I think should be 2nd choice centre forward / 10.

If we were 'buying low' across 4 or 5 positions then by all means loan or bring in out of contract stop gaps in 3 positions.

The money available could then be lumped on a cheap £12.5mil Iling Junior + a young prospect at Right back for example.

This manager seems to be whinging about how to build a team while at the same time shooting himself in the foot because new owners will surely want to create value on the pitch.

If theres no strategy focused on young players coming in then the squad is going backwards.

I mean it's not even an insult to say these things, if anything it's exactly what this club needs, which is stability and securing our future, but there's some people absolutely fanboying over the latest ginger messiah in the same way a few people are way over the top on their hatred of him.
I think most people “fanboying” are just aware of the state of the club, and another manager is more likely to do worse than better given the circumstances

If he is saying that then, why given the time he was there did he not look at a club like Bilbao. They can only sign Basque players, so players from Sociedad and a few much lower league clubs, which means they hardly have any transfer budget but have decent money for wages and everything they do is focused on producing their own players and improving their academy. Why in all those years did he never try and setup a proper youth system that could have really benefitted him and Burnley as a club in the long run.

Im paraphrasing but in one of the full quotes today hes saying "if i dont have money and sell expensive players, i need to replace with cheap players and they arent as good".

Again, paraphrasing "if i cant find those cheap players then i need to look internally at youth players. But we dont have any time to wait for them to develop"

But at the same time were rumoured to be giving Coleman a 1 year deal because as Dyche says "he wants to continue playing".

They don't have to come from Lancashire, Garner is a wool and he went to United and came through their academy. It's not just England, there is Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Far more knowledgeable people than me have labeled this at Dyche before about the Burnley academy thing so it's nothing new. It's more a principle thing, if you know you can't compete in the market then you look at other routes, academies are pure profit and to a club like Burnley should be at the top of the list.

Looks like Thelwell has finally begun to get around to signing players from other clubs to bring into our u18 and u21 sides.

We need to be doing this all of the time and build a positive reputation and pathway.

Much easier to set up as a defensive side, to go and play on the front foot and attack
Teams is harder, but fair does to Iraola sticking to his principles. Since November only the top 4 have more points,
Impressive for his first season in England

Complete rubbish. It's not easier to set up defensively than it is to attack. They both take the same amount of effort to be successful with the players you have.

In a vacuum since November after spending £100mill he's won some games. Well done.

If they lose to Brentford and we win Dyche will be on the exact same points with his hoofball masterclass.

1: It makes no sense to say its easier to build a defensive side. If that were true then Italian sides wouldnt have won as many trophies...let alone Mourinho with his defensive tactics or back in the day, George Graham and everyones favourite, Simeone.

Id go as far as saying the defensive strategy would be more challenging to build thesedays as all the top sides play attacking football....you need an edge.

2: If you compare Pickford, Branthwaite, Onana & DCL real values with Bournemouths spine then the difference is enormous.

Using transfermarkt is fine but never for transfer values. In real life if Dyche was given £100mil + sales and was told he could only sign u23 aged players...following his strategy, we'd certainly have a far better team than Bournemouth.

Just having an effective right hand side would be a massive boost for us

I think most people “fanboying” are just aware of the state of the club, and another manager is more likely to do worse than better given the circumstances
Well, that's kind of where I am regarding Dyche. There's a few levels of praise higher than that going around, such as being touted as the 3rd greatest manager in our history.