2023/24 Sean Dyche

You’re massively deluded if you think he’s changing. We will see what happens. And comparing him to Jose ffs

Im personally not arsed with him changing. I'm not one for styles or "modern" ways of playing, I want a team to win football matches and be competitive in any way shape or form.

Im not for a majority of the game now where things are twisted that a goalkeeper is judged to be better because he can play with the ball at his feet more than he saves shots, or defenders score more goals than midfielders but can't defend. Every team wants to play like Pep. It's boring and doesn't guarantee any success.

And I didn't compare him to Jose. I merely compared the styles

More crosses than Gvardiol because City don’t really cross the ball - and he’s not a great left back anyway IMO.

He’s poor going forward so probably suits Dyche as he has tucked in, defensive full backs.

That's just proves two of my points though. 1 is that Myko does actually attack, he's just not very good at it. Dyche does let the fullbacks support and get forward which leads on to 2....

More teams are getting away from having gun-ho attack focused fullbacks in the league where it's now more common to see centre backs playing there who are more defensive minded.

Where to even start...

First, Bournemouths squad is valued ABOVE Everton's on Transfermarkt so this idea that he had little to work with(outside of the 8 new players he got to chose, lucky him) is absurd. Second, Iraloa got 48 points without drama and Dyche got 44 with horrible drama. Wow, how revolutionary that one has improved their team by 9 points, the other has improved their team by 8 points. Hows that for basic maths?
I was going off actual prices out of interest what do they value Branthwaite at ??
Yes, but it’s the style and how they play and there’s an obvious plan moving forward, impressive for such a small club. And he’s done it in one season having never managed here before unlike dyche.

All managers are under pressure Iraola lost his first 6, so he would have been. Also about dyche having so much horrible drama, he’s extremely lucky we had no board and an owner that had checked out, so you could call him lucky, because any time over the previous 7 yrs he’d now be the ex Everton manager

It’s called basic maths mate
Dyche started this season with a 200mil squad, before buying Beto and Chermiti. Iraloa didbt have a squad that expensive. Also he’s improved their style of play and he’s done it inside a season, he got beat at Everton 3-0 in October, think he lost his first 6 games, incredible what’s he’s done in that time

Dyche is playing the same way he was when he got the job and for 10yrs at Burnley. And it will be same next season. Toss of a coin football, let see if we can score first of a set peice then we may have a chance today. He had 40mil why wound another 60 make a huge difference

Mate, that £200mill "squad" is what got us in 2 seasons of relegation battles and an 8 point deduction. The mess we're in is down to having over spent on garbage with no clue or plan. It's a Frankenstein of a squad.

Iraola got £100mill NET to build HIS squad to play HIS way....and he's still only amassed 3 points more than Dyche who's had to shape a squad that's not entirely his into how he plays.

Wonder why Villa didn’t approach him when they sacked Gerrard?

Spent loads and needed European football before a firesale kicked in? You seen their losses? They were banking on finishing top 6 or you'd be seeing Watkins etc all being flogged to balance the books.

But it's paid off. They've got champions league footy.

Im personally not arsed with him changing. I'm not one for styles or "modern" ways of playing, I want a team to win football matches and be competitive in any way shape or form.

Im not for a majority of the game now where things are twisted that a goalkeeper is judged to be better because he can play with the ball at his feet more than he saves shots, or defenders score more goals than midfielders but can't defend. Every team wants to play like Pep. It's boring and doesn't guarantee any success.

And I didn't compare him to Jose. I merely compared the styles
But we didn’t win for 14 games. I am arsed how we play because his style is not a long term strategy to move forward. We are just hoping we don’t concede first and hope we get a corner at some point. And why is it that you think there’s only two styles.
Dyche or Pep and no inbetween

But we didn’t win for 14 games. I am arsed how we play because his style is not a long term strategy to move forward. We are just hoping we don’t concede first and hope we get a corner at some point. And why is it that you think there’s only two styles.
Dyche or Pep and no inbetween

Didn't win in 14...but then got our first derby win in 14 years. Swings and roundabouts.

Here's a long term strategy....don't get relegated, find new owners before we go into admin, and finishing a stadium.

Until that's sorted Dyche can stay here and hoof the ball for as long as he likes.

Mate, that £200mill "squad" is what got us in 2 seasons of relegation battles and an 8 point deduction. The mess we're in is down to having over spent on garbage with no clue or plan. It's a Frankenstein of a squad.

Iraola got £100mill NET to build HIS squad to play HIS way....and he's still only amassed 3 points more than Dyche who's had to shape a squad that's not entirely his into how he plays.
Much easier to set up as a defensive side, to go and play on the front foot and attack
Teams is harder, but fair does to Iraola sticking to his principles. Since November only the top 4 have more points,
Impressive for his first season in England

Didn't win in 14...but then got our first derby win in 14 years. Swings and roundabouts.

Here's a long term strategy....don't get relegated, find new owners before we go into admin, and finishing a stadium.

Until that's sorted Dyche can stay here and hoof the ball for as long as he likes.
Bet palace fans wished they’d kept Hodgson as he’s kept them in tbe league for the last few years

Spent loads and needed European football before a firesale kicked in? You seen their losses? They were banking on finishing top 6 or you'd be seeing Watkins etc all being flogged to balance the books.

But it's paid off. They've got champions league footy.
So are you saying Sean isn’t talented enough to get the Villa squad into the champions league?