2023/24 Sean Dyche

I heard him say that the job is not what was pitched too him, I would be interested to know the context for that. We were in a relegation scrap when he came so i wonder what the job pitch was that hasn't been apparent so far?

On a side note, We've been crying out for some stability and too stop sacking managers, by hook or by crook, Dyche survived that situation during a terrible run that would've seen him off last few seasons. He actually turned them around and didn't allow them too hide so he has my respect for that. I guess sometimes seeing things through can benefit.

I've said all season I like what he has done off the field but on it we had a few months of utter dirge that wasn't good enough. I'm interested too see if he can progress with pressure off in a way Allardyce couldn't. he can't have a winless run like that again though, you have to set yourself some standards in a world where they won't resign anymore.

Anyway, job done, we go again next season.

I heard him say that the job is not what was pitched too him, I would be interested to know the context for that. We were in a relegation scrap when he came so i wonder what the job pitch was that hasn't been apparent so far?
Perhaps he was promised he would be fully supported by the owner before said owner promptly scuttled off and spent the rest of the season trying to sell us off to the shabbiest set of potless yank crooks he could find?

On a side note, We've been crying out for some stability and too stop sacking managers, by hook or by crook, Dyche survived that situation during a terrible run that would've seen him off last few seasons. He actually turned them around and didn't allow them too hide so he has my respect for that. I guess sometimes seeing things through can benefit.

I've said all season I like what he has done off the field but on it we had a few months of utter dirge that wasn't good enough. I'm interested too see if he can progress with pressure off in a way Allardyce couldn't. he can't have a winless run like that again though, you have to set yourself some standards in a world where they won't resign anymore.

Anyway, job done, we go again next season.
Allardyce didn’t even try to. Complains he was given an opportunity to show a different style of play, but we were safe with lik 6/7 games left and he played the exact same tactics.

He had Bolton playing some good stuff back in the day, he just wanted a pay off.

Being hard to beat is a great quality to have, why do you keep bringing that up as a negative?

Pep plays 4 CBs most games and at one point was playing one in midfield as well.

I don’t know any bottom half team that is able to outweigh having a poor defence with having a good attack. None. So why would any logical manager try to do that when his attacking players are McNeil DCl Beto Harrison Chermiti?

The primary remit of any manager is to win games in the best manner they can, not to do it in a certain way that some fans approve of. We can’t get into basketball games with teams or we will lose every time.
We didn’t win for 4 Months and he didn’t change anything

He has picked weird teams at times and his love for a few players is scary, all managers do this though. People seem to be holding him up to a comparison of perfection, Ancelotti made mistakes, are we expecting Dyche not to?

He actually plays the football Goodison likes, up and at em, he is constrained though by the fact we don't have wingers or fullbacks with pace that can stretch the defence. You would also want a skillful midfield pivot who can really pick a through ball. We can't afford to buy any of these so I can understand the pragmatism. When we do eventually get funds it will be interesting to see what type of player is brought in to see if we have been learning lessons.

To the Dyche out crew, there is zero chance he loses his job before next season, so we all have to back him. Like it or not. With an ownership structure in place I doubt he would be allowed to go on the bad run we had after Christmas, so no guarantees he remains manager for the whole season unless he has ironed out those problems and has a method to pull out of any tailspin quicker.

We didn’t win for 4 Months and he didn’t change anything

Well he did because we’ve just won 4 out of 5 games. So he obviously did change something.

It’s a marked improvmeent across 38 games than last season. Isn’t upward trajectory what everyone wants? What if we improve by the same amount next season and we’re mid 50s points? Any new manager we then hire is picking up a more stable team with a far better mentality than the one Dyche picked up.

Dyche has a fantastic opportunity he's is at the biggest club he could get and certainly won't get the luxury of going winless in that amount games next season.
We desperately need pace like you say at fullback and out wide. if we can remain as solid at the back and a bit more expansive out wide he has a good chance but like moyes at west ham there will always be detractors no matter how well they do

He has picked weird teams at times and his love for a few players is scary, all managers do this though. People seem to be holding him up to a comparison of perfection, Ancelotti made mistakes, are we expecting Dyche not to?

He actually plays the football Goodison likes, up and at em, he is constrained though by the fact we don't have wingers or fullbacks with pace that can stretch the defence. You would also want a skillful midfield pivot who can really pick a through ball. We can't afford to buy any of these so I can understand the pragmatism. When we do eventually get funds it will be interesting to see what type of player is brought in to see if we have been learning lessons.

To the Dyche out crew, there is zero chance he loses his job before next season, so we all have to back him. Like it or not. With an ownership structure in place I doubt he would be allowed to go on the bad run we had after Christmas, so no guarantees he remains manager for the whole season unless he has ironed out those problems and has a method to pull out of any tailspin quicker.
Wow delusional of the highest order. Yes goodison loves it, that’s why there’s been constant boos, moans and groans. The place has been like a morgue most weeks. Who enjoy this football, this up and them, dogs of war is a narrative that kopites use to be little us, Everton don’t want good football they want to fight and scrap, it’s embarrassing.

Dyche had 10yrs at Burnley when did he get these flair players you’re talking about l. He has a full back that attacks, he has a young winger with pace, he has another winger that offers something different to McNeil and Harrison. I’d you think dyche is going to change his philosophy you’re in for shock.

The palace game was the one, we all knew he ain’t changing, we hadn’t won in months, palace in disarray themselves, no manager, 2 wins in 16 and their 4 best players out and dyche picks 8 defensive players, boos all over the place the fans board out their brains and we get a late goal to nick a point, he also had a striker stripped and ready to come on just before he scored and then told him to sit down, he was obviously happy with the point . This is what you will get next season and the season after

Well he did because we’ve just won 4 out of 5 games. So he obviously did change something.

It’s a marked improvmeent across 38 games than last season. Isn’t upward trajectory what everyone wants? What if we improve by the same amount next season and we’re mid 50s points? Any new manager we then hire is picking up a more stable team with a far better mentality than the one Dyche picked up.
This season was going to be an improvement,
Dyche for full Season and a better squad
And what’s he done differently to win 4 out 5. Nothing for me,
Burnley was a terrible performance,
We got lucky from a keeper mistake,
Forest was a bit better, but 2 long range goals, we created nothing other than the goals, Forest had a higher XG and on another day get a couple of pens. Liverpool had a higher XG and enough chances to score 3 or 4 goals. Even yesterday was a poor performance, 1 shot on goal, Brentford had 4 shots and had nothing to play for.

Think it’s more to do with had the rub of the Green the last few weeks, maybe we were due some luck. Even Newcastle they shoud have been out of sight, before they gited us a pen