2023/24 Sean Dyche

Ffs Everton just buy a bleeding Striker…this same problem has been going on since the sale of Lukaku. Everyone and his dog knows it, we’ve still spent millions and we still have no Striker….knowing us we’ll bring in a couple of wingers ….
I think we are buying one, he just has to wait for the train strike to end so he can actually get to Liverpool first.

I’m remember Marco Silva having teams dominate the ball but losing in a similar manner going a goal down and we couldn’t turn it round and getting called out as a fraud. He’s not a fraud he was and is a good coach but if we back bite and micro analyse every moment and decision of our players and manager. There will never be nurture and the club will never be able to grow. I heard lot of angry fans at the end of the game today and I understand but the team took a kick in the guts in a game we should never have lost and it’s hard to comeback from. That doesn’t mean I back everything the manager is doing. Doucoure isn’t a No 10. He got in to some good positions but hasn’t got the skill set or guile to deliver for the strikers making runs.. Onana and Gana hasn’t got the chemistry. I would possibly drop one or both of them and play Doucs and Garner behind Iwobi or Danjuma and have Harrison and McNeil wide. Then play DCL but we need players back even then there are holes in the team. I actually was impressed in Chermeti. He put himself about held the ball shown some skill and was stronger than his frame suggested. Jarrod Branthwaite had a great game and is a real prospect. I’m trying to put a positive spin on a pretty dismal day.

I’m remember Marco Silva having teams dominate the ball but losing in a similar manner going a goal down and we couldn’t turn it round and getting called out as a fraud. He’s not a fraud he was and is a good coach but if we back bite and micro analyse every moment and decision of our players and manager. There will never be nurture and the club will never be able to grow. I heard lot of angry fans at the end of the game today and I understand but the team took a kick in the guts in a game we should never have lost and it’s hard to comeback from. That doesn’t mean I back everything the manager is doing. Doucoure isn’t a No 10. He got in to some good positions but hasn’t got the skill set or guile to deliver for the strikers making runs.. Onana and Gana hasn’t got the chemistry. I would possibly drop one or both of them and play Doucs and Garner behind Iwobi or Danjuma and have Harrison and McNeil wide. Then play DCL but we need players back even then there are holes in the team. I actually was impressed in Chermeti. He put himself about held the ball shown some skill and was stronger than his frame suggested. Jarrod Branthwaite had a great game and is a real prospect. I’m trying to put a positive spin on a pretty dismal day.
Good post

In the 2 home games I’ve been impressed with some of our front foot defending with the centre backs squeezing the pitch rather than standing off, but our attack is so uninventive it’s painful.

We haven’t looked ‘bad’ but there’s been no conviction in any of our attacking.
That is my issue we have created chance but we should be creating more and scoring more with the turnovers we have created. I think our 11 will be a bit different in 4 weeks time and I’m hoping we will be more clinical. Gana and Onana have it up their game too but I think James Garner will be occupying one of them spots

Keep blaming the managers

Recruitment abysmal

Board and ownership abysmal

It’s a never ending cycle of bollox. The current squad isn’t great, but the demeanour and atmosphere around the whole organisation is one of chaos and desperation.

Trickle down management.

If you know your organisation or business are a shambles, you fall into that lethargic attitude. You can see it a mile off.

An amateur organisation operating in the PL. it’s that simple.

but he got a lot longer mate to keep us up (I HOPE )

ok so tell me WHO you think
we can get ?
who will come ?

they took 16 games to leg lampard or 1 win in 16

why would they do if after 3 games
I would have done it after the Bournemouth game.

I want a manager to have a style of play who improves players, who doesn’t revert to type Pickford hoofball.

Indeed but the team Potter inherited from Hughton’s dour spell immediately started to dominate the ball - 58% possession in his first home game, with Dale Stephens in midfield, and the likes of Glenn Murray and Shane Duffy.

The point is you only progress these days with a progressive coach.
Great point all this talk, his hands are tied is rubbish Imo, yes ok we ain’t getting into Europe with this squad. But happy to let the opposition have the ball. Yes we do counter at times and get Chances. But you’re playing James garner and iwobi as two of your front 3. Doucoure as your second striker. No pace, not much creativity, not many goals, doucoure has already missed 2 sitters and scoring a goal is the only thing going for him.

Look how many chances we had at villa, not many. I’d expect us to create some chances at home to Fulham and wolves, no matter how bad we’re. Championship sides at home to them would create chances. Fulham had 75% possession first half, was a bit closer today. Not sure what villa had. Bournemouth With their flip flops on had over 60% last game of last season.

Bringing Keane in upfront, sums him up imo. Just launch it forwards lads. I believe he’d have been happy with 0-0 today, again it’s a loser mentality. If we don’t score first we don’t win under this manager.

He’s gone if we lose to Sheffield utd. I hope we go after a coach who wants to play the right way and I still think we some talented young players, then need coaching, not running up sand dunes all day.

Great point all this talk, his hands are tied is rubbish Imo, yes ok we ain’t getting into Europe with this squad. But happy to let the opposition have the ball. Yes we do counter at times and get Chances. But you’re playing James garner and iwobi as two of your front 3. Doucoure as your second striker. No pace, not much creativity, not many goals, doucoure has already missed 2 sitters and scoring a goal is the only thing going for him.

Look how many chances we had at villa, not many. I’d expect us to create some chances at home to Fulham and wolves, no matter how bad we’re. Championship sides at home to them would create chances. Fulham had 75% possession first half, was a bit closer today. Not sure what villa had. Bournemouth With their flip flops on had over 60% last game of last season.

Bringing Keane in upfront, sums him up imo. Just launch it forwards lads. I believe he’d have been happy with 0-0 today, again it’s a loser mentality. If we don’t score first we don’t win under this manager.

He’s gone if we lose to Sheffield utd. I hope we go after a coach who wants to play the right way and I still think we some talented young players, then need coaching, not running up sand dunes all day.
Good points but we seem to create under Dyche, not his fault that Jose Sa was like a robot saving everything and our players can't score

If doucoure hasn’t got the skills, why play him deeper. Personally he’s a liability anywhere on the pitch and so is gana, Onana is younger and still learning, so deserves a bit of slack compared to the other two.

I agree about iwobi playing in an attacking midfield role, would be better. With maybe garner and Onana in the middle. I don’t expect dyche to move doucoure anytime soon though.

Full backs is a huge issue to, people calling for Coleman To get back asap, he’s a better defender than Patterson, but he like the others, offers nothing in the final 3rd it’s definitely not help our wide players