2023/24 Sean Dyche

There’s an awful lot that can happen between now and then end of the season/start of next season for us.

I’m inclined to feel that a change in manager this summer might be a little too early… another 12 months' stability sounds very tempting to me right now after the last 2 and half seasons - a change of manager always brings with is risk.

Oh what I’d give for just a single, stress free, boring mid table obscurity season.
I think sticking with this manager next season brings risk, i think he's the right guy now for the circus around us because of the type of guy he is.

Lets wait and see, but if he's still here next season i expect us to be in or around the relegation fight again. IMO

What is Luton's home record mate?

Over the course of the season it’s about the same as ours … difference is they were getting beat every week while they got used to the league.

I would expect them to pick up more points in the second half of the season than the first tbh.

We’ve picked up more home points than them lol

You are ignoring the fact that their home form has picked up after adjusting to the league though…

They will likely finish above us this season… they have really started to give it a go both home and away and their points accumulated will be more than the first half of the season imo.

Can you say the same for us? Because apart from the 4 game win streak , we have been goal shy and toothless for almost all season and it doesn’t look like changing anytime soon with DCL determined to take Brett Angel’s title of the worst Everton finisher in the prem era .

Until now, the main problem on Dyche is hard to control a game while against a weak defensive team.
He cant find the balance or adjust the team against the weaker side.
Without Douc. , DCL, Beto cannot score because we dont give them enough support.
They cannot finish a goal theirselves and we dont have the player to give great cross.
But those problems seem to be solved in next transfer window.

You are ignoring the fact that their home form has picked up after adjusting to the league though…

They will likely finish above us this season… they have really started to give it a go both home and away and their points accumulated will be more than the first half of the season imo.

Can you say the same for us? Because apart from the 4 game win streak , we have been goal shy and toothless for almost all season and it doesn’t look like changing anytime soon with DCL determined to take Brett Angel’s title of the worst Everton finisher in the prem era .

lol yeah let’s take 10 points off them and see if they still finish above us.

Has their home form picked up after adjusting to the league though? They’ve just lost at home to the worst team in the entire league. They drew with Liverpool in early November at home.

Over the course of the season it’s about the same as ours … difference is they were getting beat every week while they got used to the league.

I would expect them to pick up more points in the second half of the season than the first tbh.

Well they’ve still got to go away to Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs so will be interesting to see how that goes.

Is it so hard to just admit that you made quite a comical mistake and just take it on the chin?

lol yeah let’s take 10 points off them and see if they still finish above us.

Has their home form picked up after adjusting to the league though? They’ve just lost at home to the worst team in the entire league. They drew with Liverpool in early November at home.

They would not finish above us without the deduction.

But the deduction is real and they are a point ahead with game in hand.

They have beaten us twice at home this season .

They did lose to the worst team in the league but we needed a 93 minute world class triple save to not get beaten by them too.

I’m not saying that we wouldn’t ordinarily finish above them, but the situation the way it is with the deduction , our striker not scoring, the team looking knackered , them having a point more with a game in hand and them also looking up for the fight.

I think it’s a very real possibility that they will finish above us, ann that’s not even taking into account the second charge and possible second deduction .

They would not finish above us without the deduction.

But the deduction is real and they are a point ahead with game in hand.

They have beaten us twice at home this season .

They did lose to the worst team in the league but we needed a 93 minute world class triple save to not get beaten by them too.

I’m not saying that we wouldn’t ordinarily finish above them, but the situation the way it is with the deduction , our striker not scoring, the team looking knackered , them having a point more with a game in hand and them also looking up for the fight.

I think it’s a very real possibility that they will finish above us, ann that’s not even taking into account the second charge and possible second deduction .

Right, this isn’t relevant is it because your point was that their home form has improved now that they’ve “got used to the league”, but actually it hasn’t. They’ve just played worse teams at home recently than they did in the earlier part of the season. Same way we probably look knackered and can’t score because 4 of our last 10 games have been against bloody City and Spurs. Let’s see how Luton get on when they play some difficult fixtures again and we start playing bottom half teams.

You are ignoring the fact that their home form has picked up after adjusting to the league though

And you're ignoring the fact that we still have 5 of the current bottom 7 to play at home.

Nothing's a given, but your assumption is based on nothing.

And you're ignoring the fact that we still have 5 of the current bottom 7 to play at home.

Nothing's a given, but your assumption is based on nothing.
And we will have to win 4 of them and won 3 at home all season, as our away run in, Is very tough, so you’d expect a drop off on away from, so hopefully the home form improves, well it needs to.

Just a reminder if anyone is concerned about form:

We took 26 points from the first time we played every team which we all agree is above expectation after the last 2 seasons

So far we’ve played five teams twice

We lost all five of the reverse fixtures but have picked up 3 points from Spurs, Fulham and Villa this time round

This would indicate we’re on track to better our tally in the second set of 19 fixtures and that we’re not in terrible form but had tough fixtures

We also have kinder home fixtures in the second half of the season too which can explain why we’ve not won many at home and should also give cause for optimism after two hard fought draws against Spurs and Villa who are both chasing champions league places