2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a reason why there isn't a single team in the league currently playing this kind of football. Not one. Because it doesn't work anymore.

Even managers struggling while trying to play more progressive football know that this is not a viable option.

I think if you look at our squad its hard to argue that they're really suited to any style of play. No matter who's in charge most of the players are going to be shafted into a system that doesn't fit them, because our squad is devoid of logic.

As is frequently pointed out the squad is a Frankenstein's monster constructed by 7 different managers with different idea's. None of our players compliment each other and Dyche doesn't change that more than any other manager would.

We will see how this goes. If Dyche turns things around by all means vault me, rip me to shreds. I would be absolutely ecstatic if I was wrong about this, i get no pleasure from seeing us fail.

It's still down to whats at your disposal. Dyche built a side to get out of the championship, stay in the premiership, and got them into Europe only 5 years ago with the lowest spend in the league.

Your progressives such as Farke, Alpine Klopp, Frank, Silva for example have all spent more than him and not achieved what he did and his "brand". Moyes isn't a progressive manager and while he's struggling this season, got West Ham into Europe last season.

We have a tight purse and an unbalanced squad that need a few areas boosting. We need to stay in the league. If he does that, then you'll see what type of manager he is with more money than he had at Burnley.

From seeing his interviews etc he's very dismissive of a "brand" or style of football. Hes worked to get the best out of what he can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.