2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board has got its way here too. Moshiri wanted Bielsa. He'd have got him if Bielsa wasn't so principled.

I don't think either manager are actually the right choice.
Bielsa was the sexy choice but its hard to employ a manager who main misgiving is that he does think the squad would work with his style of play

I’m not sure how you come to the conclusion that Dyche is better, considering in the 1.5 seasons they were both in the PL together, Bielsa outperformed him in both.

Don’t get me wrong though I’ll get behind Dyche

….probably more accurate to say ‘least worst’ than better.

I’m sure he can set-up a team to be hard to beat better than Bielsa, which probably suits our situation better. I’m sure we were down with Bielsa, we have a chance with Dyche, we’d have done better with somebody else.

This exactly. We're at our best when Goodison is a total bearpit. We don't do singing but we do horrible snarling arl arse behaviour and that's what makes it a difficult place to visit for opponents.

Any manager that can harness the power of 40,000 angry scousers every other week is onto a winner. Dyche is potentially a really good fit.

The problem is that Bielsa would have been (IMHO) a far better fit.

The OP can talk about toxicity all they want but the 40000 are angry with good reason, its not about the style of play or even the string of results that has enraged people - its the serial incompetence.

Or to put it another way, imagine they announced Bielsa this morning and Kenwright, DBB and the rest all quit in protest. Would anyone be feeling better or worse than they are now?

I for one welcome our gravelly voiced overlord. I'm hoping his no nonsense style of play and management is exactly what this club needs to sort itself out on the playing field until we can regroup again at pre-season, hopefully gearing up for another season in the top flight.

If so hopefully Moshiri, knowing this isn't his choice, will realise that he needs to stay out of the way and concentrate on money matters. Apparently thats his strength. Still want the board replaced with a more forward facing, football/media/marketing orientated group of professionals.

UTFT

I think he knows that scoring is a problem and he probably has a short list ready.
Your central core in defence and midfield are solid. Good keeper, good base to build from.
Everton have stayed up in recent seasons because of the home form. That is currently lacking but he will turn you into a side that will get that back.
Much more chance under Dyche than under Frank.
I do get all the negativity but in the situation that you are in now, today; Good Appointment.
Which he never resolved himself at Burnley, after 7 years.

he paid £16m for Chris Wood, £10m for Jay Rodriguez, managed to get Wout Weghorst and even he couldn't score. They didn't naturally create chances, the same as us - that is the concern.

Unless he has gone away and changed his philosophy, things can get stale when you're in the same job for so long. I just doubt it though

You’re absolutely crackers you lot.

Properly poisonous.

Full disclosure - I’m a Burnley fan. And I also agree that the football under Dyche in the Premier League was, at times, bloody awful.

However, we had absolutely no business being in the Premier League when he took over. The week before the promotion season started he lost Charlie Austin, our one really proven player, and was forced to go with two rookie strikers. He turned Tom Heaton, Ben Mee, Kieran Trippier and Danny Ings from jobbing Championship footballers to internationals - or near as damn it.

The first thing he did was told the players he would not accept anything less than 100%. If you weren’t up for it you were out the door. He had one to one meetings with the players and asked them all to name the trouble makers in the squad - made them think about their behaviour and standards. He asked them why they accepted that slacking off and challenged them to self police the dressing room. He established a culture which elevated them beyond their levels and had us winning at United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and playing you off the park at your place. That sounds to me a lot better than getting beat at home by Southampton, Wolves and Leicester like you lot have.

Your club is a mess. It has been a mess for decades now. Proper decades. You need a massive reality check and until you accept where you are and what you are you will not improve. Doesn’t matter what you’ve spent, doesn’t matter where you think you should be …… all that matters right now is where you are and how you get out of it.

Bielsa would have been a mental appointment. Absolutely crackers. Dyche gives you a chance if you give him a chance.
Completely agree, it is obvious you are a Burnley fan rather than Everton because you seem to be a realist ?

You wonder if he's an insurance policy in case we go down. Might bring us straight back up. As recently as a couple of years ago, I was hoping that Moshiri might still come good. I've given up on that now. The plan is to stay in the top flight or come straight back up if we do go down. Hopefully the club will be sold when we are in the new stadium and we will finally see the back of Moshiri, Kenwright, Sharp etc. If Dyche is a stepping stone in all of this, welcome to GP. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.