2017/18 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had lot's of sleeps since then but, as I remember it, Baines started and Gylfi was basically a slow backup LB (we were getting overrun on the left). Baines went off injured and albeit, in a poor team display, Kenny then played at LB and was ok. It's how I remember it anyway, you might think different but, I do know that Seamus will be RB and either Kenny or Garbutt should be LB ahead of CM.
I wouldn’t necessarily pick kenny over Martina if i’m honest. Hes been awful at right back recently, i’m not sure that moving him out of position would help.

He needs to get back up to speed and quickly so we can establish if he’s lost anything due to his injury. If he has then it’s bye bye Seamus. There can’t be any room for sentiment here. He is a player that relies quite heavily on speed/change of direction and with him hitting 29 his days are already numbered.

1200px-Deepsea.JPG

Allardyce confirms on Talksport he will get some game time tonight.
Well no point in bringing him on when we're three down, and we won't be three up and able to give him a run out with no pressure on him. That must mean he starts. Perhaps he's had more game time behind the scenes than has been let on. It would be strange to have him starting after one 60 min run out for the 23s.

Just seen this article on the Echo about us having a load of flags laid out for his return. Surely he isn't actually playing tonight after only just coming back for the U23s?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/evertons-seamus-coleman-set-huge-14229572

JS142364833.jpg

Seamus Coleman is in line for a huge ovation from Everton fans this evening when the Blues welcome Leicester to Goodison Park.

Coleman has been absent for 10 months after suffering a horrendous double leg break after a poor challenge from Neil Taylor during the Republic of Ireland's goalless draw with Wales back in March last year.

The likable right-back returned to Under-23s action earlier this month and could be part of Sam Allardyce's squad that host Claude Puel's Foxes on Wednesday night.

Ahead of the game, thousands of flags have been placed on the seats at Goodison Park in an effort to give Coleman a hero's welcome on his potential comeback.

BBC commentator Connor McNamara tweeted a picture of the flags on Wednesday afternoon.

He tweetd: "Welcome Back Seamus...

"Just arrived at Goodison Park for @BBCMOTD. They have placed these flags on thousands of seats to welcome back @seamiecoleman23."

Coleman expressed his delight after his Under-23s appearance last week, saying: "I’ve been looking forward to that moment for the last few months - just being able to get the kit on, doing up the shin-pads, rolling my socks up and walking out there.

I think that's madness. Definitely rushing him back.
the lad should of gotten 10 games in at under 23 level first.

rushing him back like this could set him back 3 months.

utter craziness.

hope the lad doesn't do himself in tonight over exerting.

leicester will pomel him, make no mistake. is it andre gray they got down the wing?

the best thing about all this is just his presence on the pitch and hopefully his rollickings he can dish out. he must have 12 months worth of pent up aggression in him watching this shower every week

just don't want the lad to do himself any more damage

the lad should of gotten 10 games in at under 23 level first.

rushing him back like this could set him back 3 months.

utter craziness.

hope the lad doesn't do himself in tonight over exerting.

leicester will pomel him, make no mistake. is it andre gray they got down the wing?
If he gets a knock and ends up injured again Allardyce will have made his own bed to lie in.

This is a big risk to take with a player who is so important to us.

If he gets a knock and ends up injured again Allardyce will have made his own bed to lie in.

This is a big risk to take with a player who is so important to us.
look at luke shaw, 12 months on from making his comeback and he still doesn't play regular. its a huge injury to be rushed back from. its shocking to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.