2017/18 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only player on the pitch who genuinely cares. I know that if he had a go at me he'd get more of a reaction than if Phil or Baines did. Considering he's got the Irish armband is good enough for me that he's more than capable of being our club captain for years to come.

I think he has been captain for a while as have one or two others as well, including Rooney.
Putting a piece of cloth on your arm is for the fans and the referee... the players all know who the leaders are..... I do believe Jakielka is as well in spite of what is said by some on here.

Only player on the pitch who genuinely cares. I know that if he had a go at me he'd get more of a reaction than if Phil or Baines did. Considering he's got the Irish armband is good enough for me that he's more than capable of being our club captain for years to come.
No
No
No
There are several who care
I believe Baines Jags DCL care
I think young Tom and most of the kids care
Its about chising a leader who is currently worth having his name on every team sheet ... sorry Jags .... tgats Coleman

What could be worse than to lose him?
He's contracted here till June next year, I gather. Make him captain now and sign him up for longer.

Easily got another few years left in him. Certainly deserves the armband for his commitment to the club.

Marco's first order of business should be to make Seamus captain. I never want to see the likes of Williams wearing the armband ever again, Jags is too old, and Baines too quiet. There can only be one.

Talking sense about where we are at in his presser today.

Blaming the players too.

Is right Seamus..

Hope the armband fits you nicely next season.

Coleman has always been a better player than Jags. Who else would you give the armband to anyway?

There should be 11 Captains for Everton on the pitch at any one time. Unfortunately, we are struggling to find one at the moment.

I agree that Seamus is the only stand out candidate. The others just don't show it or aren't technically good enough to be regular starters and handle the responsibility.

Silva needs to address this urgently.

Big Willy C will be given the armband lads.

It’s always very easy for us players to hide behind managers. We have had three or four now and maybe we get away with a bit of the stick that’s flying around because it’s always on the manager’s toes, whether that be Roberto, Ronald, Sam, Moyesy before that.

“It’s about time us players now step up to the plate. We’ve not been close to winning something for a long time and at Everton that’s what we want, that’s what I want.

“I’ve been there a long time and, if I leave without having won anything, I’ll be very disappointed. As a group of players, no matter who the manager is, we need to take responsibility.”

What a lad, if he isnt captain next season, the club needs torching!

It’s about time this lad was made captain

Is it possible for enough fans to let the club know that Seamus should lead us on the pitch in this new era?

Needs to be made captain.

Get the armband off that coward.

Make this lad captain before the season starts please Everton.

Should be our captain without a doubt. He may not always be our best player but I certainly feel more confident when he is on the pitch.

Certain players are cowed by the responsibilities of captaincy, others are confident enough to take the role on without breaking stride. However, a few, a rare few who are confident anough to take the role are also improved by taking it. i believe that Coleman may well be one of those rare few!

Id be pretty pissed, tbh. Coleman is a living 60 effin grand legend. He is the absolute last player we should ever concider selling.

Antonee Robinson on the USA v Ireland game ...

"Seamus ran over to me when we were on the pitch warming up and said he was made up for me and to keep working hard.

“It meant the world to me but it was nothing I would not expect from him. I have known him for a few years now and he is a top man on and off the pitch.

“It does mean a lot. He is an established international. But I know he is a good lad as well.”

Make this man captain already!!

Is he captain yet?

Anyone suggested he should be captain yet?

Seamus should be captain

Captain Coleman, has that been mentioned yet?

Still not sure of what people think about the suggestion that Coleman should be made captain

I've been thinking to myself for a while, that Seamus deserves to be captain of the club. Leader on and off the pitch and a great player. Anyone else think this?

Who is the captain was never something people were arsed about in days gone by, they actually do nowt after the toss. Should be Coleman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.