2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to make an account to share this conversation.

Met him just a few hours ago in Dublin airport waiting for our bags. Was on my flight home. Spoke to plenty of fellow Irish blues and had time for a few pics and a quick chat. He wasn’t hassled but took his time which was great. What a captain for us really, I spoke about when will we see him next and he said he’s probably lost his place to Patterson for good, but great thing is he said it was for the best. Patterson has a top future and is a great lad. Those were his words. Got a few pictures which he posed for. Wont share for obvious reasons as my sons in them but what a lad. Everton legend

Had to make an account to share this conversation.

Met him just a few hours ago in Dublin airport waiting for our bags. Was on my flight home. Spoke to plenty of fellow Irish blues and had time for a few pics and a quick chat. He wasn’t hassled but took his time which was great. What a captain for us really, I spoke about when will we see him next and he said he’s probably lost his place to Patterson for good, but great thing is he said it was for the best. Patterson has a top future and is a great lad. Those were his words. Got a few pictures which he posed for. Wont share for obvious reasons as my sons in them but what a lad. Everton legend
How nice, lovely bloke

Patterson has nailed the RB position. Could Seamus go in the January transfer window? He probably wants to play a couple of years before he retires.

Let's be realistic about this, Seamus is, very definitely, back up to Patterson at this stage, however, he is still a very capable back up option. I don't think he is up to the rigours of playing week in week out for the season, but, what a very good squad player to playing cup games and cover for injuries etc. He I'll cover right back and if we are using a back 3 at any time, which I'm afraid we may still do in certain away games, he can also cover centre back. He will also let young Patterson know that, if he lets his standards slip, Seamus is there to take the starting place off him for a spell.

Patterson has nailed the RB position. Could Seamus go in the January transfer window? He probably wants to play a couple of years before he retires.

I doubt it, I think he knows no team in the premier league would give him regular games and he's settled here with family. He's set his sights on being a coach/manager so he's probably looking to take those steps here and enjoys being part of the squad and mentoring Patterson and other young players.

Lampard will definitely want him around the dressing room too

I doubt it, I think he knows no team in the premier league would give him regular games and he's settled here with family. He's set his sights on being a coach/manager so he's probably looking to take those steps here and enjoys being part of the squad and mentoring Patterson and other young players.

Lampard will definitely want him around the dressing room too
That would make a lot of sense. Has been a fantastic servant to his club and Country . He'll still be challenging for a place I hope.

That would make a lot of sense. Has been a fantastic servant to his club and Country . He'll still be challenging for a place I hope.
Definitely, he's fought his way from league of Ireland to a premier league and Ireland captain, and for a period one of the best full backs the league has seen.

He'll want to start but if what the poster said is true he's also accepted that patterson is number one atm, and he'll be happy to slot in when needed, rather than being disgruntled or frustrated like another signing could be

Status
Not open for further replies.