2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated player, unrelated situation.

Why are you not being disappointed we missed out on Celtic's actual right back for all of last season, who went to Union Berlin for a pittance just now and who we could've gone for last season, if we're strictly doing Celtic for some reason?

Why a youngster who went away a year before we even ventured in the market for a right back?

That's not a tangent, that's a whole different planet of an argument.

You need to explain stuff you absolutely make up and only make sense in your own head, yes. Keep up.

Not being funny, but is English a language you speak. lol

Stiill is at Fullback up there and we need a couple, still think there is a player in Patterson, if we can develop him - we’re poor at this though.
There's never a defensive FB in Patterson mate.

Dyche knows it too. That's why he more or less said he wouldn't play him at RB for Fulham. Godfrey - a CB by trade if anything - will get the nod. That tells you all you need to know.

If we stay up I fully expect Patterson to be either sold or sent out to the Championship as a last chance to prove he can adapt to both sides of the FB game.

Our scouting up there in Scotland was pitiful. Anyone capable of the power of assessment could see that lad had no gumption whatsoever defence-wise. I'd still try him further up the pitch, but IMO he should be sold in the summer.

Patterson came on the last day.

Patterson came on against United but I dont think he showed anything to persuade Dyche he's up to it.

The lad cost us a handful of points before injury and Dyche getting here. I'm sure he'd have watched those tapes of his earlier games.

Coleman cant get back quick enough.

There's never a defensive FB in Patterson mate.

Dyche knows it too. That's why he more or less said he wouldn't play him at RB for Fulham. Godfrey - a CB by trade if anything - will get the nod. That tells you all you need to know.

If we stay up I fully expect Patterson to be either sold or sent out to the Championship as a last chance to prove he can adapt to both sides of the FB game.

Our scouting up there in Scotland was pitiful. Anyone capable of the power of assessment could see that lad had no gumption whatsoever defence-wise. I'd still try him further up the pitch, but IMO he should be sold in the summer.
He 1million percent will not be loaned or sold in the Summer.

Why would I elaborate, on a point you can’t make sense of when I didn’t want to talk to you in the first place. If you can’t make sense of it that’s on you- I don’t care!
I can't make sense of something that's not related to anything and makes no sense, it is entirely on me.

Never took you for a massive weapon like this, but so it goes with Celtic fans it seems :)

Patterson came on against United but I dont think he showed anything to persuade Dyche he's up to it.

The lad cost us a handful of points before injury and Dyche getting here. I'm sure he'd have watched those tapes of his earlier games.

Coleman cant get back quick enough.

Its Coleman’s shirt to loose, Patterson was really coming on before his injury early season though.

Personally I want to see a bit more from him offensively, he has it locker.

He 1million percent will not be loaned or sold in the Summer.
He defo will.

We'll have to go into the market if we can in the summer to finally FINALLY get Coleman's successor.

Seamus has proven beyond all doubt that even at 34 he's head and shoulders above any other FB at this club.

I can't make sense of something that's not related to anything and makes no sense, it is entirely on me.

Never took you for a massive weapon like this, but so it goes with Celtic fans it seems :)

Clearly mate, there you go, I’d say I’m a mid sized weapon as opposed to a massive one, to be fair I’ve connections to Rangers, bears den and all - though they’d prob agree with you on the massive weapon bit to be fair to them! lol

He defo will.

We'll have to go into the market if we can in the summer to finally FINALLY get Coleman's successor.

Seamus has proven beyond all doubt that even at 34 he's head and shoulders above any other FB at this club.
Coleman is out of contract in 3months, no indication hes going to stay on, yet.

We 100% need new full backs, but I suspect the people at the top would like to see Patters play football before they put him on the scrap heap.

Hes 21 years old, had an injury hit season, playing in the hardest league in the world for a football club on its arse.

Its Coleman’s shirt to loose, Patterson was really coming on before his injury early season though.

Personally I want to see a bit more from him offensively, he has it locker.
Had one game where I thought I might have called this wrong: the derby where he was excellent.

The rest of the time he was caught upfield all the time and blowing for tugs getting back into position...a lad of 21! And his positional lack of sense behind the ball was constantly exploited.

I will be amazed if Dyche turns to him to start this season.

Coleman is out of contract in 3months, no indication hes going to stay on, yet.

We 100% need new full backs, but I suspect the people at the top would like to see Patters play football before they put him on the scrap heap.

Hes 21 years old, had an injury hit season, playing in the hardest league in the world for a football club on its arse.
He can get plenty of that in the Championship. An infinitely better Seamus Coleman had to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.