2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't good enough for where we want to be however he is the best we currently have. Hope he's available for West Ham game. He then just needs to manage himself and not pick up too many injuries. Godfrey/Holgate are able to fill a gap but I feel they end up too narrow when defending and offer not a lot going forward. Kenny has just absolutely fell off a cliff and should be nowhere near first team squad of a team striving for Europe. If there is someone available at a reasonable price preferably in January but might have to wait until the summer Coleman drops to back up and they take over. That will be RB covered for 18 months until Colemans contract runs out. He will be nearly 35 time for him to go coaching somewhere or drop down a league or two if he thinks he's still got something to offer on the field.

But he doesn't think that. I rember Cahill playing for Australia in the[World Cup ] [Olympics ] and the [ Confederation Cup ] all in the same season, most of the time carrying an injury .

But he doesn't think that. I rember Cahill playing for Australia in the[World Cup ] [Olympics ] and the [ Confederation Cup ] all in the same season, most of the time carrying an injury .
At least Australia qualified. ROI haven't got a cat in hells chance

He isn't good enough for where we want to be however he is the best we currently have. Hope he's available for West Ham game. He then just needs to manage himself and not pick up too many injuries. Godfrey/Holgate are able to fill a gap but I feel they end up too narrow when defending and offer not a lot going forward. Kenny has just absolutely fell off a cliff and should be nowhere near first team squad of a team striving for Europe. If there is someone available at a reasonable price preferably in January but might have to wait until the summer Coleman drops to back up and they take over. That will be RB covered for 18 months until Colemans contract runs out. He will be nearly 35 time for him to go coaching somewhere or drop down a league or two if he thinks he's still got something to offer on the field.
I have no issues with us sticking with him this season to be honest. But next season we need a new right back and ideally Seamus becomes what Bainesey was to Digne.

I have no issues with us sticking with him this season to be honest. But next season we need a new right back and ideally Seamus becomes what Bainesey was to Digne.

I think we really need two new right backs.

Im sure he'll stay until the end of his contract in 2023 but in the meantime we need to have one player starting ahead of him and another coming through and overtaking him during next season.

Happy Birthday Seamus,
I hope you like the taste of horse placenta, as Rafalafel seems to have no thoughts about getting a replacement in and time soon. :-(

Aston Villa away proves far too narrow

Status
Not open for further replies.