2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great servant and one time top quality right back who had a good game today.

Always a marked man for the boo boys now. You can’t question his commitment to the club and it isn’t really his fault that managers keep picking him to play.

its a testament to the man that he’s back playing at this level given the awful injury he got in that Wales game. It’s just a shame the game is unforgiving to those players who’s better days are behind them, as I feel he merits a lot of credit and loyalty from the fans.

A great servant and one time top quality right back who had a good game today.

Always a marked man for the boo boys now. You can’t question his commitment to the club and it isn’t really his fault that managers keep picking him to play.

its a testament to the man that he’s back playing at this level given the awful injury he got in that Wales game. It’s just a shame the game is unforgiving to those players who’s better days are behind them, as I feel he merits a lot of credit and loyalty from the fans.
Superb post, this lad has our club running though his veins ,

Was a bit better getting forward, got rinsed several times by the djepo lad though. He’ll still be out first choice right back this year, make peace with it

alot of fans defend coleman and say why do we need a right back

well i guess if you look at today's game, ask yourself would a better right back have shot at goal or fed richarlison to score the winner?

richarlison was goalside totally unmarked, a clever ball that slips him in would have put him 1 on 1 and we know on a 1 on 1 situation he is a better slotter than DCL so that would have been 3-2, game set and match right?

who knows

still think we need a better right back

well i guess if you look at today's game, ask yourself would a better right back have shot at goal or fed richarlison to score the winner?

richarlison was goalside totally unmarked, a clever ball that slips him in would have put him 1 on 1 and we know on a 1 on 1 situation he is a better slotter than DCL so that would have been 3-2, game set and match right?

who knows

2 or 3 balls played to him for him to run on to which went for goalkicks.

A quicker player gets to them of course.

Definitely need a RB...hopefully one with lots of pace and attacking intent.

who knows

Don’t understand why he always use his weaker foot to have a go. It worked like 8 years ago.

who knows

Better, or perfect? Don't dispute the need for a newer model, but the current one isn't rubbish. If you go through any game, then any player could have done a half dozen, or more, things better.

I think he’s been pretty solid last two games.

Problems will arise in the season I’m sure when he starts picking up inevitable knocks but hopefully he stays injury free and contributes…and if we sign a younger player like the rangers lad it gives him time to transition.

I wish that Seamus Coleman was the worst player on our starting eleven, if that was the case we would be a much better team than we are now. Of course he is not the player he was when he was in his mid twenties but if everyone taking the pitch week in and week out played as well and contributed as much then we would not be struggling in mid-table.
I don’t know much about the young Rangers lad we are reportedly biding for but what an opportunity for him to come to a club looking to kick on and with the chance to benefit from the experience of Coleman and Baines and a bit of time to bed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.