2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worrying thing is, anyone with eyes could see he was finished at premiership level at least 3 years ago, apart from those tasked with running the club. They extended his contract.

We can only hope Seamus will be reflecting this morning & decide it’s time. Free transfer to celtic or something.
Is that stalybridge Celtic?

As good as he has been I find him a major problem for me in many ways. Firstly, gash at football. Secondly, not fit to wear the armband. Thirdly, eerily somehow walks out scot-free every time a manager goes with those pathetic rallying cries.

Neatly showed all that last night, was yelling at Pickford minutes into the start for not claiming the ball he was shielding, then gifts Salah second.

That showed me his head is all over the place and his concentration is gone. The ball wasn't even there for the goalkeeper. All he had to do was deal with it and boot it out for a throw in. He ended up dribbling over his own byline for a corner.

Jeffers, Baxter, Unsworth, Coleman. We’re just the nice family club getting a pat on the head.

Nobody in the board room is ruthless or prepared to do anything to win. That’s the culture of this club for twenty five years.

Now it’s trickled down onto the pitch. There is not one ruthless player, who is prepared to win at all costs on the pitch.

Did the same with Jagielka, allowed a good servant to soldier on as a shell of a player until they start to ruin their previous good service.

You get the odd player like Gary Neville who has standards and holds their hands up. If the player doesn’t do it though, the club has to have standards and make decisions for them. The club simply shouldn’t have let it get to this situation.

Yep!!

It's not his fault he's well past his best.

The club replaced Baines reasonably well, but then - Baines forced their hand by turning down the begging bowl to keep playing.

Perhaps the club just defer replacing who they see as an icon? Remember the nonsense 'save face' exercise that James McCarthy is family who we wouldn't replace etc? God knows.

Cupping ears to fans after scoring 1 goal - the first in a good few years against Brighton at home, and fronting travelling away fans isn't the best idea from Coleman.

I feel sorry for Seamus Coleman. He should be sat on the bench as experienced cover in case our regular right-back gets injured or suspended; not playing as much as he's been doing. It's unbelievably incompetent of the club to not have brought in a decent first-choice right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.