2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
another memorable Seamus moment- remember when we were getting beat 2 nil by Tottenham with about ten minutes left. me and my Dad were screaming for Seamus to be subbed on, when it happened, he changed the game completely. can`t remember if we drew or won though, or if Tottenham were only 1 nil up. 60 grand, still laughing

another memorable Seamus moment- remember when we were getting beat 2 nil by Tottenham with about ten minutes left. me and my Dad were screaming for Seamus to be subbed on, when it happened, he changed the game completely. can`t remember if we drew or won though, or if Tottenham were only 1 nil up. 60 grand, still laughing
Make up your mind, son.

So, to confirm...the RS would be:

A: The typical Evertonian who is annoyed / frustrated at Coleman either costing the team points over the season, arguing with matchgoing fans or just being a hinderence in general.

Rather than...

B: The Irish posters who consider Coleman to be not only untouchable despite putting in consistently below average performances, but a good player.. Those same posters that insult and personally attack others for having opinons on Coleman (on an actual Everton forum) after he costs the team.

You stick with those posters that dont actually support the club (just a player due to their nationality) and not the actual Evertonians....that you call RS.
So, to confirm...the RS would be:

A: The typical Evertonian who is annoyed / frustrated at Coleman either costing the team points over the season, arguing with matchgoing fans or just being a hinderence in general.

Rather than...

B: The Irish posters who consider Coleman to be not only untouchable despite putting in consistently below average performances, but a good player.. Those same posters that insult and personally attack others for having opinons on Coleman (on an actual Everton forum) after he costs the team.

You stick with those posters that dont actually support the club (just a player due to their nationality) and not the actual Evertonians....that you call RS.
Who rattled your cage again, couldn't help yourself but to come back to the thread to have a little knaw again. Who are you to suggest we don't support everton, because we're Irish. Bellend! Report that.

SmartSelect_20220606-215111_Instagram.jpg

Exactly the sort of player we need in and around the squad. Gradually needs phasing out but is a real leader. Look at the players lampard has played with and see his comments. When the sheet really hit the fan he helped drag us out of it. A fantastic servant who's time with us will soon be at an end.
Sorry but what did he lead?

The general consensus all season was that we were pathetic, lazy, directionless, just sleepwalking through games?

Came back to make it 2-2, Defoe missed a last minute peno.

I remember it well as I'm in the background of a photo giving Defoe the V's in the parkend

Sorry but what did he lead?

The general consensus all season was that we were pathetic, lazy, directionless, just sleepwalking through games?
I don't think that's the general consensus at all.
we were shocking from September to January and then Lampard had a few stinkers (spurs, palace away).
But over all, for the second half of the season, they looked hungry, and full of purpose, it was quality that let them down.
I think Coleman was instrumental in galvanizing a team spirit under Lampard and that helped us survive.

I don't think that's the general consensus at all.
we were shocking from September to January and then Lampard had a few stinkers (spurs, palace away).
But over all, for the second half of the season, they looked hungry, and full of purpose, it was quality that let them down.
I think Coleman was instrumental in galvanizing a team spirit under Lampard and that helped us survive.
I do. Are you really saying it was a season of two half's? ? it was an absolutely abysmal season mate.

The fans galvanised the team. I didn't see many (if any) swashbuckling captains performances from were i was sitting.

I'm sorry but hes the captain, if you're gonna credit him with any good performances then surely he should also be accountable for overseeing long periods of lazy, gutless football? Followed by countless, repetitive rallying cries.

I do. Are you really saying it was a season of two half's? ? it was an absolutely abysmal season mate.

The fans galvanised the team. I didn't see many (if any) swashbuckling captains performances from were i was sitting.

I'm sorry but hes the captain, if you're gonna credit him with any good performances then surely he should also be accountable for overseeing long periods of lazy, gutless football? Followed by countless, repetitive rallying cries.
The day that fans realise that these 'rallying cries' are just someone giving an interview that they're contractually obligated to give and not actually something that the player really wants to say or believes will be a truly massive step forward for humanity.

Seamus is a great ambassador for the charities that are Everton Football Club and the Republic of Ireland football team. I have long supported both - and seen some amazing days - but Seamus has given me a bigger smile with this lovely gesture today than he has on the football pitch for many a year for both of his teams.

I long for the day we can beam with pride that our social conscience activities are as wonderful as our on-pitch performances. Sadly, right now, the charity side is streets ahead - and, no, it's not a consolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.