2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman’s passion and love for Everton is one of the biggest reasons that has drawn me closer to the club as a fan when I first started following 7-8 years ago. I have always loved his passion and he never gives up. He knows his years are behind him but that doesn’t stop him from giving it his all for this football club. I’m not sure what happens next season, but imagine he will still be with the team. It’s important that we find a replacement for him and I hope he realizes that if he sees a lot of time on the bench, it’s his leadership and mentoring that is now his number 1 role with the club. Seamus is Everton!

I'd be very surprised with him under contract another year. I always expected next year to be the one.

But if he wants to go out after that then who are we to argue.
I wouldn’t be that surprised because he seems like an honest bloke who genuinely just wants to do his best. If he realises that his body can’t do it anymore I wouldn’t be shocked at him saying that’s enough. In many ways I hope he does, but whatever happens nobody should forget he’s been bloody good for us over the years.

Gave a speech in the dressing room with Lampard and is calling it a day apparently..

Good time to call time this, if true obviously.
Hopefully not true and he sees out his contract next year settling Patterson into his spot...that would be a quality way for a captain to bow out imo

Status
Not open for further replies.