2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
what?
after a three month break they took on a team 45 points ahead of them, a team cruising to the title, with no home support, and both were excellent.
who watches a right back keep mane in his pocket and says ‘he’s finished at this level’?

Oh right ok, if you want a total defensive right back / centre back who can perform well once every few games then fair enough.

He is finished at this level, as a right back.

One single performance 100% focused on defence wont change that. Same goes for Michael Keane, not good enough over a run of games.

Lets see if/how Keane and Coleman play over the next 8 games if we use a high line or expect full backs to attack.

One off games as either a 3rd centre back or sitting back all game are a comical judge of ability.
Man of the match, had one of the best attackers in the Prem in his pocket but he's finished? Nice to see it's not just politics you know little about.

He was good yesterday. He did have a couple of shakyish moments, including the one that got Keane booked when he had to step out, but Mane is a tough mark and he handled it very well all things considered.

However I'm not sure this is anything like showing he has something to offer still. He still struggles on the ball when put under any type of pressure and Iwobi gave him a ton of help by essentially playing as a RWB. To me RB is still a priority position for recruitment and Seamus should be kept around only to backup someone at this point like Baines is doing on the other side.

One single performance 100% focused on defence wont change that. Same goes for Michael Keane, not good enough over a run of games.

Lets see if/how Keane and Coleman play over the next 8 games if we use a high line or expect full backs to attack.

One off games as either a 3rd centre back or sitting back all game are a comical judge of ability.
You've posted similar guff for about 2 years, eventually you'll be right I suppose. Stopped clocks etc.

Shut up Zat xx

Credit to him stuck on the game plan and be a good leader :)
I do not think that he tried to dribble at all last night which is good.

this is the sad truth no one wants to admit. Sitting deep against a team clearly not at it (maybe coronavirus has disrupted the supply line of Klopp’s special drinks) and he looked good. But we all know, in reality, that away from home against top teams when we are stretched and Coleman is expected to get up and down the flank and be an effective right back both ways he is finished. He can’t cross a ball. Played well yesterday but he’s not the answer to our right back problem.

He should be converted to what Baines is doing, Good enough to cover not good enough to start every game after we jib off the Djib.

What if he was to replicate that performance over the rest of the season?

What if he was to replicate that performance over the rest of the season?
I think that people have their minds made up about certain players and no matter how well they perform won't make a difference.

Iwobi is another in the same vein. I thought that last evening he gave a very disciplined defensive performance which allowed Seamus to tie Mane up in knots but I have seen criticism of his display by some who in my opinion have no understanding of what the manager is asking his players to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.