2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only he was in his prime.

Sadly over the course of a season he is best as a back up option but doubt we'll find a RB as good as he was.

Would just like to see some basics in a derby before I die. Lads trying to tackle, finding teammates with a pass, that kind of thing. Not asking for much
Not quite sure why you replied to my comment. I was replying to someone that said Sidibe had been our been our best player of the season and that Coleman was becoming the worst right back of the century.

They were clearly on a wind up

He was very good tonight. Held his own against one of the best. But it was all defensive work. I’d agree that a full-backs principal job is to defend, but in today’s game, they almost need to be a fundamental element of your attack.

RB remains a position that needs upgrading, although it’s not an emergency, like central midfield clearly is!

He was very good tonight. Held his own against one of the best. But it was all defensive work. I’d agree that a full-backs principal job is to defend, but in today’s game, they almost need to be a fundamental element of your attack.

RB remains a position that needs upgrading, although it’s not an emergency, like central midfield clearly is!
How did Digne do offensively today? I don't think Ancelotti had encouraged either to attack today but rather confine them, which worked well.

Not quite sure why you replied to my comment. I was replying to someone that said Sidibe had been our been our best player of the season and that Coleman was becoming the worst right back of the century.

They were clearly on a wind up

Honestly thought I was replying to something different on a completely different thread. Got my tabs in a jumble

He is finished at this level, as a right back.

One single performance 100% focused on defence wont change that. Same goes for Michael Keane, not good enough over a run of games.

Lets see if/how Keane and Coleman play over the next 8 games if we use a high line or expect full backs to attack.

One off games as either a 3rd centre back or sitting back all game are a comical judge of ability.

He is finished at this level, as a right back.

One single performance 100% focused on defence wont change that. Same goes for Michael Keane, not good enough over a run of games.

Lets see if/how Keane and Coleman play over the next 8 games if we use a high line or expect full backs to attack.

One off games as either a 3rd centre back or sitting back all game are a comical judge of ability.
what?
after a three month break they took on a team 45 points ahead of them, a team cruising to the title, with no home support, and both were excellent.
who watches a right back keep mane in his pocket and says ‘he’s finished at this level’?

Status
Not open for further replies.