2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right about the fact he's playing poorly. But it's pretty much just his attacking stuff that's not there.
I'd be interested to see your examples of the generic notion "can't defend much at the moment"?

I find lately he gets caught out far too often being up the pitch. Luckily still got recovery pace but I don’t feel as solid as I used to with him there.

How isn’t he a beast? Like 6’3” and built like a brick.

Regardless people are too sentimental with Seamus. Everyone else that plays poor gets slated so why can’t he?
But I can understand that but there seems to be a fair bit of venom about his form and given his long lay off I thought he'd be afforded more than five games into the season.

We also disagree that he was poor back end of last season, I thought he was more than adequate, I didn't hear or read many blues championing the need for us to bolster the right back position during the summer window.

If he's form continues I hope it's a position we look to address quickly because I just don't see JJK being the answer, I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

But I can understand that but there seems to be a fair bit of venom about his form and given his long lay off I thought he'd be afforded more than five games into the season.

We also disagree that he was poor back end of last season, I thought he was more than adequate, I didn't hear or read many blues championing the need for us to bolster the right back position during the summer window.

If he's form continues I hope it's a position we look to address quickly because I just don't see JJK being the answer, I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I don’t think Kenny is the answer either mate. I love Séamus but I never expected him to come back as good as before. I’ll give him a chance but for the success of the team we should probs look to bolster. You see these athletic right-backs with real quality and we just don’t have that anymore.

He came back last year far far better than I'd expected which summed him up tbh. A real battler.

But he's started this season really really poorly. Yesterday needs to be filed under stinker and consigned to the bin. Hopefully it's just a blip.

He's been poor with the ball but defensively he's still been pretty good. Given the number of changes likely to be made in other areas the next few weeks as people get healthy, I would keep him in and not make it even crazier. Kenny has also been poor in possession almost every game he's played against teams that pressure him.

I am a big fan of Colemans but even I have to admit, he has been v poor recently. His distribution on Sat was awful and he was as bad if not worse in the first half against Bournemouth. Seems to be re-adjusting slowly to the pattern of an attacking full back that he was under Moyes/Martinez. Koeman and BFS broke him!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.