2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes today early on. Good to see him grow in to the game and have a big influence defensively especially.

You make a mistake - you try harder. Exactly the sort of mentality we need much more of at the club.

Defensively he's absolutely brilliant and we know what he's capable of going forward. Right now there's no chemistry between our full backs and wingers. Hope this is a priority on the training ground. I'm sure Pienaar and Baines didn't happen by chance.

Hiss final ball decision making needs to improve- solid game defensive for us though

It's always been dodgy. Incredible to think that, after 10 years, no one has thought to improve this with him or his teammates supporting him. He's excellent in defence, he goes forward with menace.. but where oh where is that final pass going (or, more bluntly, where is the adequate support to help him make that final pass?)

Defensively he's absolutely brilliant and we know what he's capable of going forward. Right now there's no chemistry between our full backs and wingers. Hope this is a priority on the training ground. I'm sure Pienaar and Baines didn't happen by chance.

I agree. That work in training should be a priority. They should know where they want the ball, where they’re going to move etc. Looked very disjointed when we went down the right.

didn't even have a lane to pass, should've taken it himself

Felt that their defender did well positionally, the ball needed to be weighted in to Niasse’s path, as good as Coleman is this is one thing he lacks but credit to his running for putting himself in a position where he gave us an opportunity.

He will no doubt have felt he should have taken the shot on as soon as the ball left his foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.