2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its harsh to slate Coleman today. He was up against Sane who is top notch.

Having said that, its time he was replaced...every game its either;

"Coleman is one of us"

OR

"He was at fault for XYZ and didnt play well"

I think posters need to start thinking with their heads and not their hearts...otherwise we could be in a Baines situation.
In general our fanbase needs to do this anyway. Rooney etc as a recent example of how not to go about things.

Jags, Baines, Coleman are finished. Move them on, or at least begin to replace them at the right times. Digne and our shiny new centre backs have started this to be fair, albeit a season or two late imo.

He wanted the chap in russia didnt he?

Id not be surprised if we made a move on a couple of right backs in Jan...no idea if we would get one though.

I agree, the full backs are key really...Digne is clasd and theres a big gulf every match.

Wanted the Brazilian lad at Shahktar Ismail

Passionate and loves the club but his injury and his ability is beginning to catch up on him.

Gone is his swashbuckling attacking and truth be told not the best of defenders.

Unlike Haines, he just can't pick a pass to save his career at the minute so I think come the summer, time to upgrade

It was probably always a lot to expect him to come back from such an injury like that. Whatever it was that he had it's not really there anymore. And to add insult to injury the team has moved on pretty quickly also.

I think it's his forward play that looks really off right now. Defensively he's made some stupid mistakes but they are just down to lack of concentration from him. 90% of the time he still looks solid.
It's odd how different peoples perspectives are. I still think he's a very effective player, and I think he links up well with Walcott etc, his runs are great and the little triangles that get played to get people in are normally instigated by Coleman and he tends to have a lot of impact up top. I would say he needs better backup but i think he's more than good enough tbh. Tends to get beaten on a cross but his delivery is not so bad, he normally goes for through balls rather than floated lobs though.

For Zouma read Holgate can do a job there defensively but offers little going forward. We need to replace Coleman with a natural right back who can support in attack and defend. I also think Walcott and Coleman dont gel either one on with a different player improves. Its a bit like when we had Hibbert and Osman on the right together they were awful but put a proper winger in front of Hibbert and he wasn't bad or put an attacking right back behind Osman to exploit the space created by him drifting inside. I honestly think we get a new right back and we improve vastly. I will be sorry to see Coleman go but he's made good money from us we looked after him with the last contract but sentiment can't side track what we are trying to build.

Just watching the game back and he lacks so much technical ability in the tight spaces. It's a real problem the way we're faffing about from goalkicks.
Trying to play like Barcelona even though we have about 3% of their ability.

Shadow of his former self. No doubt low on confidence but can hardly pass a forward ball at the moment. Crossing. Dont even bother seamy, every single one hits the first man.

It's a bit difficult because he's just not the right player in this system. Building out of the back, he's just not that careful with the ball to begin with, but beyond that, he's not giong to be able to defend in space very well. Digne by contrast can defend, is decent in the air, and can at least contain a player long enough for our defense to get back.

Unfortunately we have a bad combination of no CDM to cover for Coleman when he's going up and a really good group of midfielders and a wing in Son that is deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.