2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its harsh to slate Coleman today. He was up against Sane who is top notch.

Having said that, its time he was replaced...every game its either;

"Coleman is one of us"

OR

"He was at fault for XYZ and didnt play well"

I think posters need to start thinking with their heads and not their hearts...otherwise we could be in a Baines situation.

I think its harsh to slate Coleman today. He was up against Sane who is top notch.

"Coleman is one of us"

OR

I think posters need to start thinking with their heads and not their hearts...otherwise we could be in a Baines situation.

I don`t think Sliva will ever allow that situation to develop Zat.

He saw that Baines and Jagielka needed upgrading and did just that.

If he thinks that Coleman needs upgrading, he`ll do just that.

Last edited:
I don`t think Sliva will ever allow that situation to develop Zat.

He saw that we Baines and Jagielka needed upgrading and did just that.

If he sees thinks that Coleman needs upgrading, he`ll do just that.

I think taking him off today would be a bit of a surprise for him.

Really impressed by Silva doing that and also Zoumas performance slotting in seamlessly.

I didnt realise Zouma could play there :eek:

Still one of our better players for me, I would however consider moving him forwards and getting another defender to cover. His forward play is still very good, but getting back again on a full sized pitch takes a lot more out of older legs.

"Coleman is one of us"

OR

I'd never skate him for being beaten by a better player on pace etc mate, one of their goals came not from that though, one came because for some reason with three cbs already there he decided to leave sane open in twenty yards of space, also failed to close down instead got ten yards off then gave Sane all the time in the world to pick out the cross, purely down to being terrified of being done by him in the box.

Once a player starts playing on the backfoot for fear of his limitations being exposed then it's normally a bad sign mate.

I'd never skate him for being beaten by a better player on pace etc mate, one of their goals came not from that though, one came because for some reason with three cbs already there he decided to leave sane open in twenty yards of space, also failed to close down instead got ten yards off then gave Sane all the time in the world to pick out the cross, purely down to being terrified of being done by him in the box.

Once a player starts playing on the backfoot for fear of his limitations being exposed then it's normally a bad sign mate.

100% how long do you think till we will see a new right back?

Still one of our better players for me, I would however consider moving him forwards and getting another defender to cover. His forward play is still very good, but getting back again on a full sized pitch takes a lot more out of older legs.

I think it's his forward play that looks really off right now. Defensively he's made some stupid mistakes but they are just down to lack of concentration from him. 90% of the time he still looks solid.

60 GRAND 60 GRAND SEAMUS COLEMAN

People cant wait to have a pop can they.

Basically only like 3 people are playing well today, but lets not let that stop the witch hunt.

All I've heard that

But he was up against sane. He was up against hazard he was up against zaha he was up against martial he was up against atsu

So is every right back every week and they aren't constantly playing at a 3 out of 10

I think taking him off today would be a bit of a surprise for him.

Really impressed by Silva doing that and also Zoumas performance slotting in seamlessly.

I didnt realise Zouma could play there :eek:
Zouma is fast as lightning. But only in a defensive capability not a offensive threat at all. Need a wing back next year that can pass and cross.

100% how long do you think till we will see a new right back?

If he continues on his current level, I'd imagine they'd look to bring one in during the summer to at least compete, in Silva's system the fullbacks are absolutely crucial to the entire thing. First thing he did at Hull, Watford and us was target a fullback to bring in as a starter straight away, watfords board didn't back him on the player though.

If he continues on his current level, I'd imagine they'd look to bring one in during the summer to at least compete, in Silva's system the fullbacks are absolutely crucial to the entire thing. First thing he did at Hull, Watford and us was target a fullback to bring in as a starter straight away, watfords board didn't back him on the player though.

He wanted the chap in russia didnt he?

Id not be surprised if we made a move on a couple of right backs in Jan...no idea if we would get one though.

I agree, the full backs are key really...Digne is clasd and theres a big gulf every match.

He lost pace and his crossing is not too good either trying to make a position.for him isn't going to happen he needs replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.