2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can probably squeeze one more season out of him unless Holgate wants to move to being a RB full time.

With Coleman like this, the answer for me is a young 21-23 year old and allow him to ease his way in over the course of next year to then take the starting Right back spot for the start of the season after. Seamus will be about to turn 32 at that point and will be good competition and back up.

I agree , try and get a decent young one that we may even loan out , but get one that is comfy on the ball and has great delivery and try and teach him the defensive side of the game as that’s much easier to coach imo. Ideally we would go and sign another Digne , someone from PSG, Barca etc that isn’t getting game time but I do t know enough of those teams to know if they have any players that fall into that category. We need a striker badly so attracting a top RB would cost to much money even if we could convince one to come and I’d rather spend the majority of our budget on a goal scorer

Two different people mate.

Anyway theres not many teams with a better back up left back.

Plus he's 4 years younger than Baines.
Nowt wrong with Seamus mate , taken a while with his horror injury but he's sound.
Coleman is ok but that it he is ok, need better.Also I noticed that they are two different people it was a comparison of what is possible.

Coleman is ok but that it he is ok, need better.Also I noticed that they are two different people it was a comparison of what is possible.
Agree to disagree mate.
Coleman does not need replacing and if we could get better then thats fine , but it would cost an arm and a leg to replace him .
He has been a vital cog in a defence that has kept 8 clean sheets in the last 10.

That money would be better served on a top quality forward & right mid.

If we are looking to replace Coleman it’s vital that they have good end product. Coleman is still sound defensively and is excellent at getting forward.

To get better they would need to have better end Product

Agree to disagree mate.
Coleman does not need replacing and if we could get better then thats fine , but it would cost an arm and a leg to replace him .
He has been a vital cog in a defence that has kept 8 clean sheets in the last 10.

That money would be better served on a top quality forward & right mid.
Most of our attacking will come down the flanks that's why we need quality there just like on the left.We need all them postions sorting to be honest mate.

Mate you are entitled to your opinion,but don't let sentiment get in the way, we are not going to agree on him all I can say is wait till he is up graded then come say sorry;)
Wont need to mate.
Seamus still got 2/3 seasons left in him.

What I would like to see is a young up and coming right back come in and eventually take his place.....Kenny imo not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.